Suggestion Declined ERT - Response Uniform Update

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

BenjiPMP

Developer - Tier 1
Reaction score
After playing on PoliceMP for some time. I have noticed that almost every other division has had a uniform update. Yet ERT has had the same uniform which I personally have never been a fan of. What I'm suggesting is a revamp to the Response Uniforms and the addition of a couple additional variants.

Suggested Variants

Short Sleeve/Long Sleeve with Black Vest
Short Sleeve/Long Sleeve with Hi-Vis Vest
Both having a Black and White Variant

I think by allowing some more variants for ERT and by giving ERT a fresh look with uniforms. It will rekindle those that don't tend to play ERT often as well as keep morale up for returning members and existing ERT members. I'm more than happy to discuss this and will attach links to some clothing assets after some digging. But would love to see some more updates to ERT that aren't just additional packages or vehicles.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

This was posted a couple weeks back.

I’m personally a huge fan of the current ERT uniforms, but that’s of course opinion so I can’t hold that against anyone. We as a server are based off the MET police, which is one of the few forces that still only use the white shirts so I don’t really see the viability or need really for a black shirt variant?

Regarding rekindling those who don’t play ERT anymore, I don’t think that’s a uniform issue. Players play their different divisions because of the gameplay it provides, so if you really want to to “rekindle” or “keep morale up of existing members” (which I thought everyone is still an existing member since we all have the option to spawn as ERT) then perhaps changes are needed in removing such invasive restrictions that require players to drop every other police divisions just to go for ERT sub divisions.
(No other sub division on the server has this sort of stipulation)

i agree with this and no not everyone is existing member of ERT kube due to only able 2 pick 2 police divisions and 3 for band 1. with regards to uniform as met can only use the white shirt in uniform the server will not be as it was before very soon with everything having to be revamped (vehicles,uniform) it would be good to add more uniform types that the whole of uk wear due to it most likely being called 'United Kingdom Police'

so yes +1 for me on this suggestion

Good evening,
Can we have something like our Police Scotland counterparts and the current uniforms?

I've attached screenshots from a video from YT. So there is a pack already made. Would it be easy to incorporate it in?
Would like these uniforms, rather than the MET Uniforms.

All the best Gaff!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    313.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 8
I mean it would be a good idea as I said in previous threads the whole of the server has to be changed and is now called United Kingdom police so I feel it should be added +1

After playing on PoliceMP for some time. I have noticed that almost every other division has had a uniform update. Yet ERT has had the same uniform which I personally have never been a fan of. What I'm suggesting is a revamp to the Response Uniforms and the addition of a couple additional variants.

Suggested Variants

Short Sleeve/Long Sleeve with Black Vest
Short Sleeve/Long Sleeve with Hi-Vis Vest
Both having a Black and White Variant

I think by allowing some more variants for ERT and by giving ERT a fresh look with uniforms. It will rekindle those that don't tend to play ERT often as well as keep morale up for returning members and existing ERT members. I'm more than happy to discuss this and will attach links to some clothing assets after some digging. But would love to see some more updates to ERT that aren't just additional packages or vehicles.
+1 Also a high vis stab proof vest

I think we need to keep a few things in mind:

1) The current uniforms reflect real life MET uniforms - this is set in London, as a scottish person I'd love to see the Police Scotland vest in-game, but it would be highly unrealistic
2) They are good quality assets - when you look at every other uniform change, it's been because the uniforms are unrealistic or not overly good quality.
3) Bluntly - they want players to progress into different divisions, they need to do this so they have a broad player base across divisions, hence why ERT do not have unmarked vehicles or plain clothed (even if IRL they do), so they can get people to join CID (where you get plain clothes and unmarked garage)

All in all - I think this suggestion does have some merit, however they do try to keep updates fair across the board - hence why we have seen more LAS/LFB focused updates as they have been long over due.

Good Afternoon,

I will be putting this forward to the development team to review

Thank you for your suggestion

So putting it simply, Callum's hit the nail on the head.
The white shirt, Black Vest uniforms reflect what the Met Police utilise. Whilst we have to re-brand away from the met police, we're still based off london and aim to replicate their forces, hence still having the white shirts.

As for the quality, personally I'm not huge on the current EUP as I think it looks a tad plasticky, however the range that it offers is that wide that it is arguably the best option currently. ERT may get an update if I or another dev who does uniforms can find something that is higher quality, however this would be a backburner project.

This'll be getting declined, however don't rule out the possibility of better looking uniforms should some appear