Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: Area Car Response Driver

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelEyes

Police Constable
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Area Car Response Driver

Division: MET - ERT

Instead of having to join TSG/RTPC to get Pre-Advanced/ARO Driving certification, Pre-Advanced/Advanced driving should be offered to senior ERT PC's who have completed IPP training and wish to remain in the ERT division as an asset. (As done in Real MET). This would increase the retention of valuble experienced ERT officers while providing additional support to RTPC. An Area Car driver will have the flexibility of attending general 999 calls as well as being able to play an active role in pursuits. Thus, the 'Area Police Car' should be made available. I truly believe this will help alleviate ERT retention problems as many ERT officers are forced to apply to other divisions to get higher driving certification. Also just to be clear, i am NOT talking about TPAC training. ONLY pre-advanced/advanced. I recognise that TPAC should be left to RTPC in order to maintain divisional differences. Kind Regards -A.E.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi Angel.

I may be wrong here, but it sounds like you are describing ARO, which is already a sub-divison within ERT, and currently exists.

Hi Angel.

I may be wrong here, but it sounds like you are describing ARO, which is already a sub-divison within ERT, and currently exists.
Interesting, however I don't see any ARO Training requests on the ERT form hub like there is with IPP?

Interesting, however I don't see any ARO Training requests on the ERT form hub like there is with IPP?
ARO is hand picked by ert command aro are pre-advanced trained indivuals with spikes in there boot

Can you confirm this is up to date and correct information?

Good evening, ARO is indeed a subdivision within ERT, however due to some of the capacity within this Sub you must also hold TSG tags to be a member. This maybe why you haven't seen but please fell free to reach out to a trainer who would be more than willing to take you on a ridealong so you can get an understanding of how it works within the server.

For all the reasons above i will be declining this suggestion.
thank you very much for taking the time to put in a suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.