Suggestion Declined NHS/LAS: Unmarked RRVs as an NHS Tac Ops alternative

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Watko

Subscriber
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Unmarked RRVs as an NHS Tac Ops alternative

Division: NHS/LAS

Hello all, recently there have been implementations into the server which are gratefully appreciated. There has been a thought from me however. Tac Ops covers a sole basis of MET and MET only to be honest (apart from there being characters and EA access of course). Within the Tac Ops, there are things that are unmarked. Bringing unmarked assets to the NHS (I believe) would be a major step forward for LAS. We of course have had advancements as such with things like HART & the medical UI. I want there to be an opportunity for RRVs to be unmarked. There are some unmarked NHS assets used in pre hospital and pre medical settings. My idea is if there is an AP+ that they gain access to an unmarked Rapid Response Vehicle along with the same for HEMS. I understand that this might be a straight no. However, I believe it would boost service users definitely. I want to hear others thoughts and opinions on this aswell. If not, it wouldn't have to be Tac Ops but definitely something for LAS command and Devs to consider.
Many thanks,
Watko

File(s) attached

Attachments

• image_2024-03-17_175516929.png
    image_2024-03-17_175516929.png
    762.1 KB · Views: 12
  • image_2024-03-17_175539325.png
    image_2024-03-17_175539325.png
    442.8 KB · Views: 12
  • image_2024-03-17_175603455.png
    image_2024-03-17_175603455.png
    762.1 KB · Views: 12
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The only issue with this is that the Commands "Special" perk if you like in game is unmarked vehicles. Additionaly, there'd be no need since LAS don't need to be stealthy when responding. I see the idea though.

I think it would have to be a case of pepole need to be AP+ otherwise RRV perks of AP are useless then

Hello Watko,

Firstly thank you for your suggestion.

While the suggestion to make NHS Rapid Response Vehicles unmarked may seem plausible at first glance, it must be weighed against critical factors such as visibility and the requirement for a certain ratio of ambulances to rapid response vehicles, My Feedback is below as such:

Maintaining marked vehicles significantly enhances visibility, Visibility is required within the Road Network on The Server.​
Furthermore to this, Ensuring a balanced ratio of ambulances to rapid response vehicles is essential for optimizing emergency response capabilities. Marked vehicles play a crucial role in this by providing rapid initial intervention while awaiting the arrival of full ambulance crews. We currently have a Ratio in place to allow for assets to be used where we have the required number of vehicles for transporting patients.​
Providing unmarked cars to the NHS may bring some unwanted attention towards Paramedics, Advanced Paramedics where the vehicles may be mistaken for Police Vehicles within the server, Having marked visible vehicles allows us to identify the difference.​
In conclusion, while the suggestion to make NHS Rapid Response Vehicles unmarked may have been proposed with good intentions, it is essential to prioritize factors such as visibility, response efficiency, and personnel safety. Maintaining marked vehicles is vital for ensuring effective responses.

Therefore, based on these considerations, I Will be moving this suggestion to Declined.