Declined Band 1 RTPC trainers could authorise UNARMED pursuits

The suggestion has been declined.

[2397] Sam.B

MET Trainer
Reaction score
In AFO the band 1 position (OFC) can authorise things like firearms and looking at this made me think that what if Band 1 RTPC trainers could authorise UNARMED pursuits? It would bring down people having to ask 3 times for pursuit auth or having to get control to ask and it would also make pursuits more dynamic as not every pursuit would be authorised as if there is no SGT/Band 1 RTPC Trainer on to auth the chase then it would just be naturally self authed even if the chase is a very high risk and little reward.

If this was authed then you would only be allowed to call up after they have asked for a sgt twice, so that we don't just take the OS and OT's job at authing pursuits. However, it would make the game seem better in terms of authority and give RTPC a quicker response time to authorising things.

If this was authed then there could be the debate about RTPC Trainers authing TPAC/Tac Phase and Tac Contact as well however that's a different issue.

Whats your opinion on this? Is there any issues or problems you can see with this, if so please let me know and we can try to structure this in a way to keep everyone happy and improve everyone experience.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I would just say that from where I see it control would take longer to have the pursuit authorised than normal, meaning more risk could occur during that time. Within RTPC its always down to your own justification for pursuits, if another unit doesnt get involved in a pursuit because they have suggested the risk is too high to pursue and the other unit is not in agreeance, they dont theoretically have to join on. I think mainly if you can self auth you may as well, but the justification still needs to stand, so with that I feel like having band 1s be able to auth would be kinda pointless as, at the end of the day the officer should be able to justify and if they can justify they can self auth. If its not a justifiable pursuit they would probably end up in chats with the command team.

Unfortunately a -1 from me.

I see this suggestion and I understand there to be 2 solutions really.

Firstly, allowing Band 1 RTPC Trainers to grant Pursuit (and more) Authorisation. This would bring the Band 1 RTPC role in line with AFO Band 1 role which has the in game authority for granting Firearms, Pre-emptive tactics, Armed FTS', Pursuit TPAC, and Pursuit Tactical Contact. This would bring RTPC Band 1 role to be equal with the AFO Band 1 role.

The second way I see it would be to find equality amongst all training teams. The standards of what training teams can and cant do is just so over the place, such as AFO Band 1 trainers have direct in game authority to authorise certain procedures, CivRP Band 1 trainers are able to authorise certain in game scene ideas, and LFB Band 1 trainers are capable of issuing divisional tags? In the eyes of fairness and equality surely all Band 1 training teams should have the same capabilities and abilities within the server.

Regards,
Kube

Hello Sam,

Unfortunately this is denied. Trainers cannot have any form of operational oversight, with OFC being the only exception.

Kind regards,
RTPC Command Team

I would just say that from where I see it control would take longer to have the pursuit authorised than normal, meaning more risk could occur during that time. Within RTPC its always down to your own justification for pursuits, if another unit doesnt get involved in a pursuit because they have suggested the risk is too high to pursue and the other unit is not in agreeance, they dont theoretically have to join on. I think mainly if you can self auth you may as well, but the justification still needs to stand, so with that I feel like having band 1s be able to auth would be kinda pointless as, at the end of the day the officer should be able to justify and if they can justify they can self auth. If its not a justifiable pursuit they would probably end up in chats with the command team.

Unfortunately a -1 from me.
With this if it was ran through any rtpc sgts twice then any other rtpc authority, then you have only called up 3 times witch is the same as normal therefore no time would be wasted. If someone else auths or doesn't auth a chase there is no bias and the chase wont just get authed because they really want to catch the guy as most rtpc would end up doing. I get they can self auth it however if it was denied by a band 1 or sgt then they can't just auth it as it was denied already. If there is a high risk chase that units aren't going to because they can't justify it (witch is never, any rtpc will go to any chase and usually never standown) then the officer who self auths it would deem it safe when it isn't and having this other type of auth gives more chance for someone else to step in and see if it is really suitable to continue or wether the officer is too attached and maybe needs to step back.

Hello Sam,

Unfortunately this is denied. Trainers cannot have any form of operational oversight, with OFC being the only exception.

Kind regards,
RTPC Command Team
Could this not be looked at as AFO being the only division with the exception feels sort of biased towards AFO being a 'better' or 'more cared' division and makes other divisions feel lower down and less structured.

Could this not be looked at as AFO being the only division with the exception feels sort of biased towards AFO being a 'better' or 'more cared' division and makes other divisions feel lower down and less structured.
With AFO it works well as OFCs have a strategic scene command aspect, they are able to authorise things to better benefit tasks they are conducting. One of the main differences here is that firearms can not be self authorised unless there is a direct threat to life. Personally here I wouldnt say that AFO is a better or more cared for division as this is in no way what aligns with whats being spoken about, having OFCs is a life saver whilst on scenes and I dont feel this would carry over to the Roads side.

Hi All,

So thanks for bringing this to our attention, it appears a change has occured with OFC that shouldnt of!

We have changed the OFC training to mean OFC cannot auth vehicle tactics (as it should of been)

Sorry for any confusion this has brought!