Suggestion Accepted MET - ERT: Probationary ERT Buddy

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

DC B. Harrison

MET Trainer
Reaction score
After training, Is it worth while (if available) to double crew new Probationaries with more experienced officers, similar to Tutor Phase in the UKPOL?

Sometimes I have come across situations that are not covered in training, due to the variety, But having another experienced officer available to tutor Probies will help develop them a lot quicker with minimal mistakes.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I still wholeheartedly believe ERT should adopt the same practises that LAS do with double crewing, forcing a mandatory Double Crew within ERT if for example 4+ ERT are on.

This would increase effectiveness of units, increase number of calls players will attend, give the ability for new and old players to learn and develop but most importantly force the ability meet new people on the server!

I still wholeheartedly believe ERT should adopt the same practises that LAS do with double crewing, forcing a mandatory Double Crew within ERT if for example 4+ ERT are on.

This would increase effectiveness of units, increase number of calls players will attend, give the ability for new and old players to learn and develop but most importantly force the ability meet new people on the server!
I fully support this idea.

We already kind of have this. Any of our trainers would be more than willing to take you on a Ride along. In fact any member of ERT I'm sure would be happy. The reason we don't have a buddy system or something similar is due to the high volume of officers we get through ERT and therefore would mean our buddies would be constantly doing this rather than enjoying the game themselves. But as I am always saying I love a good suggestion. So I'll have a sit down with the rest of the command team and we can try and see if we can implement something.

But I will say this we won't be enforcing Double crewing for ERT.

Aye, that makes sense with the amount of turnover ERT has, the root issue I've found is that it feels as though once you pass PC training you kinda just get thrown in, which isn't always bad, but the first 3-4 days I was extremely hesitant to attend calls solo in case of making a mistake.

Aye, that makes sense with the amount of turnover ERT has, the root issue I've found is that it feels as though once you pass PC training you kinda just get thrown in, which isn't always bad, but the first 3-4 days I was extremely hesitant to attend calls solo in case of making a mistake.
So I hear what you are saying and with it another issue has been raised. Now the way buddies work within the server is the use of an interest form, now this works the same way we would assign trainings and as our trainers are volunteers it can sometimes take a day or two for the in this case a ride along to be assigned. And then it could even be a few days before you actually get your ride along all in all this could take a few days which in that time you may have experienced scenes and scenarios that make you more comfortable.

But as I say we as a command are currently reviewing this and we strive to keep you as up to date as possible.

But I will say this we won't be enforcing Double crewing for ERT.
Could you provide a reason for this? I can only visualise benefits that would stem from this and it works well with LAS Clinical, but obviously I would love to hear the other side of the argument.

Could you provide a reason for this? I can only visualise benefits that would stem from this and it works well with LAS Clinical, but obviously I would love to hear the other side of the argument.
Majority of response in the MET will double crew anyway due to officer safety

Due to the fact this is pretty much implemented I will move this to accepted.