Suggestion Declined Air Traffic Control Subdivision within FlightOps

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

T.Maybery

Police Constable
Reaction score
Evening all,

Could we consider for improving realism having all FlightOps in a Discord VC and when they're available a qualified controller. Would improve realism for traffic and make flights easier with multiple helicopters and occasionally planes on.

I'd be happy to assist with training or development or leadership of this if required.

Cheers.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Only thing i have is is when Comms and Pilot is talking they talk through Discord so how would you do so in a Discord with 2 other Npas and A plane at times but it could work

I suppose it would be the standard radiotelephony. We could obviously simplify it from including the Flight Categories if that's what the command work but I'll give some example phraseologies. Could proabably exclude QNH, Surface Wind, etc for server purposes.

Heathrow Tower, HELIMED27, request lift. -> HELIMED27, Heathrow Tower, Lift and Hover, Surface Wind 090 degrees 5 knots.
Heathrow Tower, HELIMED27, request taxi for departure Runway (active runway number) -> HELIMED27, Heathrow Tower, Taxi Holding point runway via taxiway Xray
Heathrow Tower, HELIMED27, request lift and departure from Royal London Hospital to M25(M) for incident attendance -> HELIMED27, Heathrow Tower, Lift and Depart Northbound (traffic warnings if present, etc)

Only thing i have is is when Comms and Pilot is talking they talk through Discord so how would you do so in a Discord with 2 other Npas and A plane at times but it could work
I'd think that the Pilot / Comms could communicate in game via PTT and discord VC for ATC comms be for just communicating with Tower/Aircraft.

Thank you for your suggestion.
ATC is something that is already been suggested and will not be worked on for the time being. Currently it is something that will not benefit the entire community. However with that being said, having all deployed pilots in one discord vc would not improve communications, we do not encourage people talking over each other, especially when they are on a callout. In fact, we would want these realistic comms publicly over the radio, or else its just restricting those RP to ourselves. In addition, by having these comms over the radio, we always work within the ABC's, long winded and confusing comms is definitely not needed. Hope this clarifies.

Moving suggestion to DECLINED

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.