Declined Allow graduated PC's to access the PCSO uniforms/equipment.

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J.Clarkson

Reaction score
Hello.

You join me on another suggestion of mine. One of which I've been thinking of quite a bit recently.

Essentially, I believe that it would expand roleplay if those who had passed the College aspect of policing and are aware of what we expect (principle wise, radio etiquette, driving standards etc), had access to the PCSO uniforms.

I find myself wanting to just return the uniform that we all know so well, and just roleplay as a PCSO. Sometimes we want to just relax, deal with low level crime, reduce the impression of PCSO's, be able to help other PCSO's (which I know we can do already, but if you're in the same uniform, it's a lot more appealing to them, as they have someone to compare themselves to).

It would also be an excuse for Civs to go out of their way to roleplay situations which only require PCSO-level intervention and legal power, without the presence of attested constables in the thousands like there sometimes is. It opens up a huge new world of roleplay opportunities.

I present this argument should you reply with "well there's no need to return to PCSO if you're a Constable" - As NHS, you can choose either St John, or LAS. St John being the PCSO equivalent of the emergency medical field, as their scope is near enough equivalent to an FRB officer.

I welcome conversation as always below this thread.

Alex Rae

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
From a Civ side of things, we don't limit RP's for PSCOs. If a Civ wants to do calls and aim a scene at a PSCO they most absolutely can. I myself have seen this occur as well as take part from time to time. (However from a data perspective this will be classed as ERT) :)

So bluntly, No

You go through the training for a reason, If you wish to stay at the rank of PCSO or have your PC roles removed you are welcome to do so but we wont be allowing PC's to wear PCSO uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.