Declined Allow UCO/SCD/CT or any covert op (where reasonable) to utilise a new 'Hide Blips' feature

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

(E10) JBC007

Head Trainer
Reaction score
The /hideblips command is no longer authe'd by command, meaning whenever UCO conduct a operation (whether that's close surveillance or engaging with suspects at very close distances, driving with them to locations) and CT (performing covert operations and keeping their profile low), we have found from a civilian perspective that if UCO are surrounding our house or CT are stacking up for a breach, we end up seeing the name tags through the walls before we hear them/ see them and before they make themselves known after breaching.

While there have been the reasons behind the use of /hideblips, I feel that all covert divisions mentioned above (and where else necessary for the purpose of the tasking) would greatly benefit from the use of a new feature whereby for response purposes, control purposes and backup request purposes, said users 'tag' would still appear on the FiveM map alongside their callsign however the name tag and callsign that appears above the ped's head could be proposed as being removed.

I understand that the above sub divisions are infrequent and very rarely (In some cases) are called out so I believe that this feature can be easily managed (mandatory auth by command before use), and from a Civillian and undercover perspective, this would increase the realism of the Roleplay but also maintaining those critical F2 player list visibility and map location which I believe are the fundamentals for the management of the server.

This feature would require the assistance of the development team on a new feature or even an amendment of the '/hideblips' we currently have. I'm not sure if amending the feature from a development point of view would affect civs being able to hide blips; perhaps a new feature would be needed.

I am very much open to opinions and feedback on this.

Thanks for reading

JBC007

ERT AT IPP FRB AOP PBD
RTPC
CIV
FLIGHTOPS TFO-EC145 TCO
CID UCO BS CDO

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So back in the past, people were able to use hide blips, However we removed this feature for standard players due to the fact it was getting abused having so many players being able to use the feature lead to moderators getting involved in situations and was not worth it, since then fellow officers cannot identify you if the blips are off

Suggestion has been DECLINED

Status
Not open for further replies.