Pending Dev Review AUX - Civ Roleplay: Name tags.

The suggestion is awaiting dev review.

(OS6) Larry B

Sergeant
Reaction score
Scrolling through AFO Musteroom, I found a video of civs being able to see name tags of Police Officers through a wall. This was during a breach of a building.

As far as I am concerned this is basically like giving them wallhacks. When your trying to clear a building and they can see you through a wall what is the point? They already have there gun trained on you before you get through the door.
I understand they’re not meant to use it to there advantage (or I’d presume) however we all know they do and will.

Wondering if there is a way that this can be stopped?

Many thanks

Upvote 2
Definitely think this should be implemented not trying to say that civs are guilty of foul play however it would eliminate any temptation to use player tags to an advantage

Greetings Gaminggg 👋

This is playertags. The command to turn these off are "playertags.toggle" (to my knowledge)
Now although civs can see nametags the range isn't too far. It is aprox 10 meters or less. When you are civ trained you are taught that the Police are always to win. In which case Civ's have no use in abusing the name tags because no matter what they don't end up "winning".

However it could be useful to prevent as Top_Guy said "Foul play" from occurring, and would be very useful. It can happen and it does allow the possibility of civ's potentially abusing this. In which case I will be moving this over to divisional suggestions for civ and will search for an adequate solution.

Thank you for your suggestion.

Many thanks,

Good evening
Thank you for the response.
Im more than happy for civ to have Playaertags that show our names, however not through the walls.
Understandable it’s a difficult issue to solve just due to the complexity of the situation.

I look forward to seeing the solution.
Thank you

Hi Larry,

Thank you for the suggestion for Civilian RP.

Based on the above from our Head Of Civ Poptic, I also agree partially with this, unsure with how easy (or not) this would be to implement from a dev side, and if it is even possible. On this basis I will move over to Accepted - Pending Dev Review.

Thank you,
PipeDreamR.

EDIT - Just to add, there is no time scale for this, and still may not even be possible.