Suggestion Closed - Acknowledged Aux - Highways: Aux highways road work signage additions

This status contains valuable community suggestions that have been acknowledged by the Development Team. While these ideas are not scheduled for immediate implementation, they are recognized for their potential and may be considered in future development plans.

(B5) Dr_Samurai

Director of Civ
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Aux highways road work signage additions

Division: Aux - Highways

I would like to suggest some further signage for national highways for motorway lane closures and other needs of the roads network. i have provided some samples below and reasoning behind them as i spent 12 years of my working life within Highways England and i feel these signs would make a great addition to the roleplay of the division within the server.

Below are different variations of signage used by Highways England and other agencies on the UK's road network to move traffic on motorways and A roads. Alongside temp speed limit signs i feel this would make a great addition to the way highways works with the road users. Allowing them to slow traffic, merge them into other lanes and restrict the flow more evenly and efficiently

File(s) attached

Attachments

• Chev01.png
    Chev01.png
    133.3 KB · Views: 8
  • HardS1.png
    HardS1.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 8
  • HighEnd1.png
    HighEnd1.png
    49.6 KB · Views: 9
  • laneclose1.png
    laneclose1.png
    49.8 KB · Views: 8
  • RoadworkEnd2.png
    RoadworkEnd2.png
    112 KB · Views: 8
  • RWA1.png
    RWA1.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 8
  • DA1.png
    DA1.png
    93.2 KB · Views: 7
  • speedsign.png
    speedsign.png
    80 KB · Views: 8
Upvote 4
Amazing Idea, However an addition to that would be In the F5 prop menu some signs such as "accident ahead" "Road closed" "slow"

Suggestion Title: Aux highways road work signage additions

Division: Aux - Highways

I would like to suggest some further signage for national highways for motorway lane closures and other needs of the roads network. i have provided some samples below and reasoning behind them as i spent 12 years of my working life within Highways England and i feel these signs would make a great addition to the roleplay of the division within the server.

Below are different variations of signage used by Highways England and other agencies on the UK's road network to move traffic on motorways and A roads. Alongside temp speed limit signs i feel this would make a great addition to the way highways works with the road users. Allowing them to slow traffic, merge them into other lanes and restrict the flow more evenly and efficiently

File(s) attached
Hello Dr_Samurai This is a really good Suggestion and i will move this up to the Devs
Many Thanks

Also to add to this I’m sure it was in server a while ago but can’t remember 100% but smart motorways. would be very nice to see aswell more added RP for National Highways and I believe it does control AI speeds aswell. I will input a link below does come with a price of £34.99

https://store.londonstudios.net/category/resources then find “Smart Motorways”

Hello @(B5) Dr_Samurai ,

Thank you for your suggestion regarding the addition of new signs. We truly appreciate the time and thought you've put into this idea.

We've updated the status of your suggestion to "Closed - Acknowledged." This means that while your idea holds merit and may be considered for future development, we're not planning to implement it immediately due to current priorities.

Your contribution is valuable, and we'll keep your suggestion on file for potential inclusion in our future planning.

Best regards,
Intrise