Pending Dev Review Aux - Highways: National Highways - Signs and LED Road Flares

The suggestion is awaiting dev review.

Simonfelv120

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: National Highways - Signs and LED Road Flares

Division: Aux - Highways

Hi All,

Is there anyway National Highways could get some fold away signs like the Met have? Much of the signs are the same, apart from the road closed sign.

Pics attached -

Also just an idea - LED Road flares.
Police, Fire and NH are equipped with these in real world. Haven't seen any to download but I don't know how easy/hard they'd be to make as they are really small and just admit a light, much like the small strobes on police vehicles. Was thinking copy the characteristics of the 5mph cones, slowing drivers and being more visible in the nights on faster roads.

Pics also attached -

As always, appreciate the hard work!

Thanks

File(s) attached

Attachments

• Road closed.PNG
    Road closed.PNG
    396.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Roads flare road.PNG
    Roads flare road.PNG
    450.6 KB · Views: 2
  • Roads flare.PNG
    Roads flare.PNG
    374.3 KB · Views: 3
  • Signs.PNG
    Signs.PNG
    458.1 KB · Views: 3
Upvote 2
In terms of the road signs, looking at a past suggestion I believe there are similar signs currently in the server, but they don't work via the f5 menu.

In terms of the road flares however, I did manage to find this script for flares that allow them to burn for longer, be placed and change the behaviour of traffic

https://forum.cfx.re/t/release-road-flare-realistic-slows-down-ai-cars-nearby/249503

Overall though, would be cool for both additions for NH

Hi @Simonfelv120

I'm just wondering if you have any photos of National highways using road flares in real life? So far I haven't seen them before.

Kind regards,

Hi @Simonfelv120

I'm just wondering if you have any photos of National highways using road flares in real life? So far I haven't seen them before.

Kind regards,
Hi @Mag

They are very common these days with both National highways/ police also seen fire use them but unfortunatly cant find any media online showing National Highways using them in action.
Heres the police using them in the same way National Highways do -
They usually use them if a vehicle is on the hardshoulder (semi safe) but on a stretch of motor way with bad lighting in conjunction with some cones.
LED road flares are either put on top or between the cones to highlight an obstruction on the hard shoulder. Some times placed by them selves on the ground to push traffic out of a lane.
I found a video on youtube with a Traffic officer going through a vehicle tour and it shows the old model. These have now been replaced with the ones I mentioned above.

Thanks

Hi @Mag

They are very common these days with both National highways/ police also seen fire use them but unfortunatly cant find any media online showing National Highways using them in action.
Heres the police using them in the same way National Highways do -
They usually use them if a vehicle is on the hardshoulder (semi safe) but on a stretch of motor way with bad lighting in conjunction with some cones.
LED road flares are either put on top or between the cones to highlight an obstruction on the hard shoulder. Some times placed by them selves on the ground to push traffic out of a lane.
I found a video on youtube with a Traffic officer going through a vehicle tour and it shows the old model. These have now been replaced with the ones I mentioned above.

Thanks
Hi @Simonfelv120

I do Really Like this Idea, As Such i will be moving this suggestion to Pending Dev Review

Thanks & Have a good Day!