Suggestion Declined Aux - NPAS: NPAS/Helicopter Engineer

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Anojan

Subscriber
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: NPAS/Helicopter Engineer

Division: Aux - NPAS

The role of an NPAS Engineer is to respond to Helicopter Emergencies such as MayDays, Helicopter Crashes, Pilot requests, Engines smoking ETC.

This is basically the CIU for Helicopters

The Engineer Would make ST5 to the crash site along with
ERT - Road Closures
LFB - Fires
LAS - For Treating injured pilots
NPAS Engineer - Assting LFB for turning off fuel supply and APU then preparing Heli for Tow truck (AA) to take or to fix it on site

I have been doing this in the past but stopped because I was told this was not allowed it would be amazing in terms of RP to have this implemented

I've heard from players (In Game and Out) that this is a great Idea

I've also been told that there could be different levels of engineers
Mechanic
B1 Engineer
B2 Engineer
Head engineer
I think B1 would deal with electrical issues and B2 with hydraulics and anything else really

This could be a substitute for buddies
So in DSU, we have buddies and then trainers
but in fight ops, we could have engineers > Trainers

But we can start with the basics first

(ignore the callsign in the image)

https://discord.com/channels/598107702652043264/626185457667145729/1214989374257631394

(Flight ops tag needed to view)

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Would be a really cool concept, But hard to make happen

Would be a really cool concept, But hard to make happen
Command Team Can Start of with basics
Just allowing us to RP as a engineer is more than enough
Its there choice to develop it into an actual role

Copied from discord -

So I’ve seen this work and carried out the same role in game before.

Scenario was, A Heli has engine failure, pilot manages to perform a landing where the cab remains intact. RP then continues with ERT securing site, LFB ensuring the cab is safe for approach, LAS deals with any (if any) casualties. NH then removes the cab via road back to LHR.

How was I involved? So the request went out to any available pilots to attend the scene to secure the cabs electrical and fuel systems based on their subject expert knowledge. I have even flight tested and lifted the cab off scene if appropriate. I honestly can’t say I understand the need for a different role to carry this out as the above RP worked. This has occurred probably 3-4 times in my 7 months with FO (this has mainly been a skill issue with the HeliHud system and pilots working out of scope and crashing).

I believe you’ll be sat redundantly for the majority of the shift where you could be adding more benefit to the RP in other divs or even just piloting with FO.

I get it, and I think FO should be looking to progress the div in new directions but not sure this is it. Let’s see what the Caps think.

It could even just be a new training slide for Pilots based on aircraft recovery procedures or a nice side line training package with a competency would be cool.

We need more skill sets and career progression in flight ops like this.

Hello Anojan,

A similar suggestion has been responded to in relation to this one. Therefore will be moving this to Declined.

Regards,
NS2 AlexSure
Flight Ops Command