Accepted Blue Light Driver Training

The suggestion has been accepted.

Lizard Lips

Subscriber
Reaction score
Good evening all,

I am writing this thread today because I have seen alot of people on the server recently driving with the blue lights on whilst responding and not responding too a tasking. I want too offer a package for new commers on the server a Blue Light Driver Training programme. Giving that I know what blue lighting is in real life but I want too impliment it in game. It will be a 1hr too an 1hr 30 mins discussion and training practically using the blue lights and sirens in a safe and reasonable manner. I want too be able too use the skills that ive learnt and use it as an asset too benifit all personell on the server. One of the other reason why I am asking too do a blue light training course because its barely touched on when going through the college as a PCSO.

LIZARD LIPS

CW26 LIZARD LIPS | ERT | IPP

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hellp

Thanks for your suggestion. I do already have something in the works for this type of programme and it will start within the NHS in the coming weeks, namely CERAD

I also have something planned to work alongside Police and Fire

What experience do you have with irl with ‘Blue Lighting’?

Attachments

• F32F0BD1-F39C-4946-A13A-AB60A998603A.jpeg
    F32F0BD1-F39C-4946-A13A-AB60A998603A.jpeg
    107.5 KB · Views: 19
Good Morning Crusade,

The experiences that I have blue lighting IRL, I have been driving the DAF 7.5 Tonne LF Vehicle lately similar to the same mechanics as an ice cream van through various differtent locations, I have also drive the Volkwagen Amaroks alot. There is a table below explaining Where and what vehicles I have been driving under the authority of Blue Lights, I have done various amount of courses such as BLIR(Blue lighting In Response) and EOD Van drivers and the rest are local FAMS on the vehicles. I have been blue lighting for several years now. I have also done Skid training on various of vehicles but thats just a bonus because its hard too skid in the game. I have learnt the different rules of while blue lighting and put them too practice such as turning the sirens off when needed such as coming upto traffic when its congested, coming upto temp traffic lights, level crossings such as taking the other side of the road when needed, seeing alot more a head on the road too be able too predict of what will happen. These are the different skills that I need as an advanced driver too get me from A to B whilst being tasked out on a Job.

Please see the table below,

LIZARD LIPS

CW26 LIZARD LIPS | ERT | IPP

LocationsVehiclesAuthority to Blue Light
York CityDAF 7.5 Tonne✅
DarlingtonDAF 7.5 Tonne✅
RichmondDAF 7.5 Tonne / VW amarok / Mercades 15 Tonne✅
HarrogateDAF 7.5 Tonne / VW amarok✅
ThirskDAF 7.5 Tonne✅
ScunthorpeDAF 7.5 Tonne✅
Disclosed LocationSkoda Octovia / Mercades Sprinter / BMW X5✅
Disclosed LocationDAF 7.5 Tonne✅

Thanks for your reply.

You have quite the experience when it comes to blue lights. In all honesty, the only realism we will go to is the course of CERAD and Justified Speeds. The use of blue lights is player discretion (turning them off when not needed etc) again, something i dont see the need for a 1/1.5 hour course about

One more thing i picked up from your original suggestion was the below
One of the other reason why I am asking too do a blue light training course because its barely touched on when going through the college as a PCSO.
We touch on driving as an element of the PC Training, this is done on 2 levels, non emergency and Grade 1. We do this element whilst testing their knowledge and further explaining divisions etc.

This is a primary element to the PC Training package and anyone who disregard the rules of driving, will simply not pass.

Thank you

Hello. Apologies for not returning to this suggestion at an earlier date.

I am pleased to announce multiple changes that occured throughout the server since previous discussions and also since this suggestion, which have been a positive for us here on PoliceMP

Over the last few months, the use of justified speeds for Police has seen an improvement in driving standards. These improvements have allowed for drivers to use their trainings, adequate techniques and their competency to distinguish whether they should or shouldnt be driving at speed to a call.

We have released CERAD within College which works alongside the NHS and this is available to all, and again, further educates on the response driving of a heavier vehicle, the techniques needed and the constant risk assessments they need to undertake to do these speeds. CERAD allows for response drivers to do the justified speeds depending on the call out they are attending.

We do have something in the works for HART and the use of speeds and driving styles/techniques within their larger vehicles, which will be out in due course.

I do not have any further plans to expand this (blue light driving) into police training, as we cover the basics of driving +20 above the posted limit and once the new recruits move into ERT, they are given the opportunity to do IPP which also includes tandem bolt on
Whilst on the subject of tandem driving, this is covered within training in College should there be a group session at the time. I believe this is a sufficient amount of coverage until PCs move up into ERT, and further into divisions.

As we have brought in elements of driving speeds and further enhanced our packages for blue light driving like CERAD, and justified speeds, i will move this to ACCEPTED as an overall suggestion, although a blue light course as suggested, will not be implemented. This is something we can revisit in the future should the need arise

Thanks