/callsign changes

HyperFSX

Reaction score
1. Would it be possible for donators to be able to use their Delta tag and set it via the /callsign menu

2. Would it be possible to turn the [set callsign] option off if wanted as some officers and donators currently use their steam names with callsign in it as they cant get their callsign via the menu

3. Give units/officers a visual reminder on the bottom that they haven't set it (when the system is setup so all callsigns can be used on it)

4. Ability for CW callsigns to go above 100 so people can use their real callsign , although with the upcoming CW callsign reset I'm not sure if this was done purposely inline with it or your just supposed to use any available number , not your actual CW callsign

5. Some form of help for using it whether it be a discord message/guide section etc. , as I think a lot of people are having trouble using it and as i said lots of PCs are questioning if/why cant they use their real CW callsign if they have no alternative callsign

I'm very aware that the system is new and is probably being worked on and that these may already be planned or alternatives may be added to these in the future however I just wanted to suggest these ideas to maybe make the system better.

Cheers Devs ! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Would it be possible for donators to be able to use their Delta tag and set it via the /callsign menu

2. Would it be possible to turn the [set callsign] option off if wanted as some officers and donators currently use their steam names with callsign in it as they cant get their callsign via the menu

3. Give units/officers a visual reminder on the bottom that they haven't set it (when the system is setup so all callsigns can be used on it)

4. Ability for CW callsigns to go above 100 so people can use their real callsign , although with the upcoming CW callsign reset I'm not sure if this was done purposely inline with it or your just supposed to use any available number , not your actual CW callsign

5. Some form of help for using it whether it be a discord message/guide section etc. , as I think a lot of people are having trouble using it and as i said lots of PCs are questioning if/why cant they use their real CW callsign if they have no alternative callsign

I'm very aware that the system is new and is probably being worked on and that these may already be planned or alternatives may be added to these in the future however I just wanted to suggest these ideas to maybe make the system better.

Cheers Devs ! :)

Hey Dave,

I have updated your post and numbered each suggestion to make it easier to respond. Whilst the fine details are still being tuned, please see the initial provisional response.:

1. This is unlikely to happen.

2. In such case an individual can still use their Steam call sign and not set one via /callsign.

3. This should be the case/will happen.

4. This is unlikely to happen. Long term we are looking at removing the concept of call signs being assigned within divisions or post PC training. The current call sign system requires a significant effort to maintain, especially as the community is growing. The other challenge which we often face, a PC may be part of multiple divisions, whilst in a single session they would switch divisions as example going as AFO with an NC call sign. Implementing the call sign assignment on load will remove quite some confusion on this aspect.

5. The call signs are in a very early release, therefore there isn't yet specific guidelines and do's and don'ts. As soon as the fine details have been agreed, further guidance will be issued.

Thanks,
Intrise