Declined Changing MET division hours to points

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eivissa

Police Constable
Reaction score
I think all divisions should switch to a point-based system for requirements similar to CID.

With the current hour system, it does not reward proactive players, as you can just sit somewhere quiet and not actively play and still get hours to stay within a division, my idea is to include points for being proactive that count toward your monthly requirements.

Say for example every division has a 20-point requirement, every hour you play on that division could count for 1 point but being proactive will also reward you. A few Examples below:

RTPC:

Handing out an FPN/TOR - 1 point
Successful pursuit - 2 points
Assisting another division - 1 point
Pre-emotive tactics - 1 point

DSU:

Dog deployed - 1 point
Successful tracking of a suspect/misper - 1 point
Drug/house/vehicle search - 1 point
Assisting another division - 1 point

Global:

A trainer conducting a training session - 2 points
Making an arrest and completing custody/AO statement - 2 points
Making an arrest but no custody online - 1 point
1 hour deployed - 1 point
TL+ can award points as they seem fit for good RP etc

Obviously, this system can be tailored to each division as required. I believe this will allow people who have jobs or less time to play than others a fair chance and access to more divisions and it will also reward and encourage players to be more proactive and get involved.

The only downside I can see is it is a bit more work for sgt+ to watch over and make sure people are not abusing the system.

You can only claim the 1 reason for points per scene, so if you are in an operation and arrest a person, you may only claim the reason with the most points, so that would be 3 for attending an operation.

You would gain points by simply filling out a form with a brief summary of what happened, which can automatically update a score, almost identical to the current CID format.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello,

I'll add my two cents.

Fundamentally, PoliceMP is looking to appeal to two different types of players, role-play-focused and casual players. Whilst the above would certainly reward for additional activity/courage, it would also be a significant disadvantage for the casual player base. We're trying to have a fine balance where both can enjoy their experience.

Hello,

I'll add my two cents.

Fundamentally, PoliceMP is looking to appeal to two different types of players, role-play-focused and casual players. Whilst the above would certainly reward for additional activity/courage, it would also be a significant disadvantage for the casual player base. We're trying to have a fine balance where both can enjoy their experience.
I believe the point system would appeal to casual players, as you can get the monthly requirements without having to spend 8 hours in the game and as you can gain more points for conducting things that require extra training it will incentivise people to do these.

Status
Not open for further replies.