CID / RPU Prop

PipeDreamR

Police Constable
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Hello,

I am wondering if we could get a green screen prop added, CID/RPU or even NPT+ can use this to preserve the scene and it becomes a more realistic prop that would be used to stop people rubber necking as it is in the real world. What do you think? Picture to reference in case.

Thank you for reading.

PipeDreamR.

Attachments

• download.jpeg
    download.jpeg
    15.8 KB · Views: 17
Hi pipe,

An absolute amazing idea in theory this would be used by CID and LAS, however I do see complications with this. As you know we have some bugs with props in where they cannot be deleted, traffic cones can be avoided but with such a large prop it would be hard to avoid. Also in some unfortunate cases props are slightly abused and spammed by PCSO's, this could be problematic with not only PMP members vehicles but also AI traffic.

A generally good idea and would be a nice addition but I see pros and cons.

Hi pipe,

An absolute amazing idea in theory this would be used by CID and LAS, however I do see complications with this. As you know we have some bugs with props in where they cannot be deleted, traffic cones can be avoided but with such a large prop it would be hard to avoid. Also in some unfortunate cases props are slightly abused and spammed by PCSO's, this could be problematic with not only PMP members vehicles but also AI traffic.

A generally good idea and would be a nice addition but I see pros and cons.
Thank you, I thought about that and still am on it a little. As this would be NPT+ as we have the spike in RPU which is also great - this would mean they have to do within NPT training or perhaps an add on? Out of my remit there but we could then request isn't as we RPU to block roads etc.. and for PT but this keeps the NPT officers busy and if not available as its NPT+ would have someone on scene who could assist too, whilst bringing some more realism. The AI traffic could case issues backing up though.

PipeDreamR.

Hi Folks,

Its actually Highways England that carry these on a trailer. Its something we can 100% look into. It will likely fall into highways remit though.

Cheers, PMP Dev Team

Thank you for coming back to me. Yes it is HE that usually do this but as we cannot access Highways could we add to other divisions perhaps? From the F5 menu? Cheers for looking into it. Be good to even see the highways become a division too.

PipeDreamR.

Hey pipe, sorry for such a long reply time.
This is something that we will look into given national highways finally being launced as its own division. It will likely remain as a highways prop if it does get added, so we'll be looking into the possibility of having this screen prop added in.