CivRP Shootout suggestion.

(FM13) Snow

Reaction score
Hey all. PC Snow FM-28 here.

After being in AFO for a while ive noticed one or 2 things during civRP that can be a little immersion breaking and clunky when it comes to using firearms/injuries in RP. I am aware PVP is turned off mainly to a anti cheat system. I was wondering if maybe theres something else we could add to stop firefights from lasting forever because both parties pratically have godmode. Whilst gunfights do need to be lengthy to make it fun It also gets to the point where its a bit too far and just needs to end. So my idea is as follows.

Add some kind of system in where the player (both AFO/Any Police and Civ's) can enable an option that will give them a small notification on the side of the screen (a bit like the usual notifications for ongoing pursuits/callouts etc) that will tell the player they have been shot and where to. during a active situation AFO could turn this on for RP. the person playing as the civ can enable it half way through the fight maybe. then the player would have to act accordingly to that message.

say for example this message appeared on screen for me to say I was shot in the leg. I would then have to use the F3 menu and enable the "Injured" walk animation that physically slows me down in game giving other people an advantage over me but i could stay in the fight. OR if i get shot in the arm. my arms would no longer be able to keep a long barrelled weapon (rifles/SMG's etc) up at a stable and safe shooting postion. so I would then be forced to draw my sidearm instead putting me at a massive tatical disadvantage.

While this system idea would have no physical changes to the player (no damage caused to them) it would be left entirely down to RP but it would be more realistic and would drastically improve the immersion of the ongoing RP.

Thanks for the read.
Kind regards
PC Snow FM-28

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, this has been something we have been looking at doing for a while. Only issue is we are struggling to work round our anti-cheat. We are working on a feature for this so hopefully this can be something you see in the near future.

Cheers, PoliceMP Dev Team