Suggestion Declined College: Mandatory PAVA training before taser training.

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nofts

Reaction score
In my opinion, and many others due to what I've been told, PAVA should be a mandatory training that you have to do before taser training. It's a better deescalation method and it would make so much more sense having them get taught that before they go a step up to a 50,000 volt taser, which in my opinion I see get overused WAY too much. I see people coming up to scenes with a taser already drawn without trying to deescalate through other methods. If this was put in place, it would teach them a valuable lesson and could change the way situations get handled, maybe we won't have people tasering civillians for the slightest of reasons

Moved to divisional suggestions. ~Joshia

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello. Thank you for your suggestion

Unfortunately, PAVA isnt going to be introduced into College. Within College training, we only show the basic of deescalation by use of force, like a taser being drawn and your voice being used as the method. Once you move into ERT and pass your probation, this is where you can get additional training like Advanced Taser, where it talks about the tactics surrounding the use of a taser like cornering a suspect, detaining methods and of course, verbal deescalation.

Pava is also something taught within divisions and is rarely used in game due to the substantial effect it does have, and people use the taser as a first result. I dont see this changing anytime soon, but something i will talk to ERT about it.

Personally, i think the use of a taser, correctly, is just about the same reasonable force (GTA physics terms) to apprehend a suspect as the use of PAVA, i understand the difference between 50,000 volts and some spray to the eyes.

Will leave this as pending for now until i speak to ERT Command

Crusade

Status
Not open for further replies.