Suggestion Accepted Control: DSU Calls

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

Joey Sanders

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: DSU Calls

Division: Control

hello there, just a quick one regarding fts. I feel it should be mandatory to call up DSU to a pursuit once its authorised as 9 times out of 10 DSU are needed in a pursuit and its probably better being safe then sorry if I'm being honest. Because DSU's main job is to stop people running from Fail To Stops If They decamp and I think 3 out of 10 times DSU get called up to pursuits. and I think not only would this increase activity within DSU it would be safer and way better because then DSU are st6 and ready to send there dog on the suspect whilst others deal with the car or follow along with DSU whilst they chase the suspect overall this would be a amazing add on if this would be implemented into control when sending more units to a authorised Fail To Stop. (edit and when we call up asking to be attached we are either shouted out or told off by control for trying to assist RTPC. I also feel this is unneccesary. Many Thanks

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
It’s already preferred to have DSU on medium/low risk pursuits. This unfortunately sounds like an isolated bad experience and hopefully should not reflect your overall gameplay.

It’s already preferred to have DSU on medium/low risk pursuits. This unfortunately sounds like an isolated bad experience and hopefully should not reflect your overall gameplay.
yes but if I'm being honest I hardly see DSU sent in on pursuits. Only on the odd occasion Only if someone asks in text chat can we go if control hasnt sent us because its self dispatching even though we're just tryna assist

I'll be honest I've been playing as DSU for 44 hours in total and the majority of the time I feel like 999 calls/control does not utilise DSU to calls I agree with Joey on regards to, when we try to help control acknowledge us we get a negative response back, it is unnecessary behaviour. This is a division where you need to apply for it to get picked and get trained, which makes it somewhat special, but when you sit down for 2 hours in-game and do not go on a single call (bear in mind plenty of scenes are going on) it's kind of degrading the caliber of the division making it boring. I think control should normalise dispatching DSU on majority of the calls. I dont mean/want to be the main man of the scene btw just trying to improve everyone's experience, control could advise ST2 DSU to be staging around the scene for what might occur, or be at the scene as a background element, gotta make DSU feel like they're involved because currently, it's not feeling like that.

I'll be honest I've been playing as DSU for 44 hours in total and the majority of the time I feel like 999 calls/control does not utilise DSU to calls I agree with Joey on regards to, when we try to help control acknowledge us we get a negative response back, it is unnecessary behaviour. This is a division where you need to apply for it to get picked and get trained, which makes it somewhat special, but when you sit down for 2 hours in-game and do not go on a single call (bear in mind plenty of scenes are going on) it's kind of degrading the caliber of the division making it boring. I think control should normalise dispatching DSU on majority of the calls. I dont mean/want to be the main man of the scene btw just trying to improve everyone's experience, control could advise ST2 DSU to be staging around the scene for what might occur, or be at the scene as a background element, gotta make DSU feel like they're involved because currently, it's not feeling like that.
Couldn't agree more with yourself really degrades us in terms of our ability and how we're valued

As a controller myself I forget to call for DSU unless asked to call them, as we have to auth the pursuit and gather more RTPC and get them a radio channel, i know it doesn’t sound like a lot but when you have 50 people calling up non urgent requests or actually getting an urgent call it slips your mind.

Hello,

DSU should be requested to respond to FTS (same with NPAS and ARO) of course it also depends on the units Availability on CAD and likelihood is if no DSU have the correct status, we as Control will not call for DSU as we are under the impression that there are none available.

Please also take into account that the Control Room is a very busy environment and we are constantly dealing with new radio call ups which are likely urgent or an Emergency 999 (both of which take priority over an FTS). We will however, put out a ping to remind Control Room Operators of the above.

As calling for support units is not 100% mandatory due to the above, if nothing else is occurring I will mark this as Accepted