Cuffs Blacklisting

Alex H

Reaction score
Website
www.alexhosier.dev
My suggestion is to add a check in the cuff script to check if the person the player is trying to cuff is a police officer and if they are a police officer to prevent it, not sure how this would be done whether you have a system that checks the persons currently selected chat tag, this is because I have had many incidents in which I have tried to cuff a civilian and have accidentally cuff a police officer instead ending in me being stabbed or the suspect running off and because people can't hear you further then 2 feet there is no chance in them hearing you saying "I have grabbed you stop running".

Hi Alex, I like this idea and probably something the Development Team are thinking of already as we have all been there before when trying to cuff a Civ and your cuffing Bob standing next to you instead.

Are you aware you can edit the distance of speech by using F11 (I always have mine on Shouting) you should see in the corner of your screen when it changes. I always hear someone running after me whilst as a Civ if their shouting tackles to floor, jumps on back, grabs arm/leg etc..

My suggestion is to add a check in the cuff script to check if the person the player is trying to cuff is a police officer and if they are a police officer to prevent it, not sure how this would be done whether you have a system that checks the persons currently selected chat tag, this is because I have had many incidents in which I have tried to cuff a civilian and have accidentally cuff a police officer instead ending in me being stabbed or the suspect running off and because people can't hear you further then 2 feet there is no chance in them hearing you saying "I have grabbed you stop running".

Hey Alex,

Thanks for your suggestion.

This would indeed solve a lot of problems both with PCs being cuffed accidentally or purposely. On this basis, I'll move this to accepted, although no ETA at this stage.