Declined Dev: Clothing Preferences

The suggestion has been declined.

Jackomondo

Reaction score
Good afternoon 👋

I hate to be one of the people who ask for a change in clothing, but I think that this could be really cool.

Is there a way you guys can make the clothing customizable in a way that if you owned a Tac Ops subscription, you have the ability to move your taser different places, and if you're on as AFO, you can put up a mask as two short examples. I would even be happy to pay for a DLC that gives me the ability to do this.

In all fairness, I also have 0 developer experience, so I'm not sure if this is even possible with /customchar.

Thanks,
Jackomondo

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I agree but it's not likely addable as the way people move their equipment about is because it's a separate article of clothing meaning that the developers would have to make vests with different taser positions. I do agree that Tac Ops subscribers should be able to edit their character but with only minor differences such as the ability to put on gloves and Vice Versa, currently, the only way to do it is if you are a Senior Civ as you can edit your uniform, to me this is kinda unfair as 1. Not everyone is a Civ and 2 Senior Civ is a very trusted position and not a lot of people are able to earn it. I think that in the character creation menu when you make a character you should be able to add on these articles of clothing I believe that this would encourage more people to stay for Tac Ops if anyone abuses the menu creator then mods can take action.

So it is possible with /customchar (for Sr Civ+). HOWEVER it has access to  every EUP in the game aswell and can also be glitchy at times.

Edit: ADDING ONTO THIS Sr Civs are STRICTLY FORBIDEN from doing these. At most they can add glasses

Last edited:
I agree but it's not likely addable as the way people move their equipment about is because it's a separate article of clothing meaning that the developers would have to make vests with different taser positions. I do agree that Tac Ops subscribers should be able to edit their character but with only minor differences such as the ability to put on gloves and Vice Versa, currently, the only way to do it is if you are a Senior Civ as you can edit your uniform, to me this is kinda unfair as 1. Not everyone is a Civ and 2 Senior Civ is a very trusted position and not a lot of people are able to earn it. I think that in the character creation menu when you make a character you should be able to add on these articles of clothing I believe that this would encourage more people to stay for Tac Ops if anyone abuses the menu creator then mods can take action.
Hello I would like to shut this down quickly before rumours spread

Senior Civs are NOT under any circumstance permitted to change or edit outfits in any way shape or form. The only thing is has been agreed upon by senior management is to add glasses. If they are band3+ then these rules are slightly different but other than that it is simply glasses. Players are not allowed to add minor changes to any outfits unless band3+ in that respected division generally speaking so that is not true.

We have trialled having the use of customchar with just regular civs and it was abused every single time it was given out on 3 separate occasions.

To my knowledge it is also not possible to even separate the EUP from the Civ clothing so I cannot see this coming to fruition unless they manage to find a work around

So it is possible with /customchar (for Sr Civ+). HOWEVER it has access to  every EUP in the game aswell and can also be glitchy at times
I would like to make it clear even though senior civs have access to that menu they are absolutely under no circumstance unless as outlined above able to make any changes to any uniforms other than glasses. Failure to comply results in immediate removal of the privilege.

I would like to make it clear even though senior civs have access to that menu they are absolutely under no circumstance unless as outlined above able to make any changes to any uniforms other than glasses. Failure to comply results in immediate removal of the privilege.
That message was sent late at night. I added that on as a second message but forgot to hit send...

Hello,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Whilst I do like the idea and it would be a good benefit, unfortunately from a development perspective it will be near enough mission impossible to do.

Giving everyone access to /customchar would be a no-go, as that would lose the uniqueness of PoliceMP completely.

Uniforms use different layers to achieve the final outcomes ie hands, scarf and chais, shirt, body armour, and jackets. Different uniforms may use different options to achieve the final look. as example some may use body armour to place the taser, and others will use the shirt for taser placement hence there is no easy way to make it configurable within limits.

Thanks