Suggestion Accepted Fire: Allow LFB FireFighters to post what "incidents" they responded to.

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

(JO-3) TheAshenCaptain

Station Officer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Allow LFB FireFighters to post what "incidents" they responded to.

Division: Fire

We all know that feeling when you see the big red sled... sorry wrong story.

When you see the Fire Appliance going out somewhere you may wonder "where are they going?" or "Where have they been?". Little did you know that the London Fire Brigade has a page on their websites where they say what incidents they have gone to.

As a way of increasing peoples knowledge of what we do, and showing them we do, really, do stuff. LFB firefighters should be able to put PLAYER calls onto a page where we can say:

What units where deployed,
The location on what happened
Times and descriptions

There are examples bellow, addresses blacked out.
File(s) attached

Attachments

• LFB suggestion 2.png
    LFB suggestion 2.png
    4.1 KB · Views: 32
  • LFB suggestion 1.png
    LFB suggestion 1.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 33
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
If it is possible this could be done via a form or a google form.

The options on the form, as an example, could be

• In game name
  • Discord ID (Allows to track whos posting them, and how many people do (possible competition idea?)
  • What units responded (would be a multiple choice, (long list sure but containing all Callsigns)
  • Description of what happened - With times: (An example being:

London Fire Brigade is currently in attendance at an incident on FireBetter Road.

Crews were alerted at 20:09 and were on scene for 20:15. Two fire engines and one Aerial Ladder Platform are in attendance.

On arrival crews found the kitchen was filled with smoke. 2 Teams of Fire Fighters with breathing apparatus were committed to search and extinguish the fire.
    At 20:36 Crews deemed building safe, source of the fire was a local LAS worker burning their toast.

Obviously this would require a sense of trust on what to do and what not to do as it would be going onto the public page. However I believe most of LFB are able to be trusted with this.

If it is possible this could be done via a form or a google form.

The options on the form, as an example, could be

• In game name
  • Discord ID (Allows to track whos posting them, and how many people do (possible competition idea?)
  • What units responded (would be a multiple choice, (long list sure but containing all Callsigns)
  • Description of what happened - With times: (An example being:

London Fire Brigade is currently in attendance at an incident on FireBetter Road.

Crews were alerted at 20:09 and were on scene for 20:15. Two fire engines and one Aerial Ladder Platform are in attendance.

On arrival crews found the kitchen was filled with smoke. 2 Teams of Fire Fighters with breathing apparatus were committed to search and extinguish the fire.
    At 20:36 Crews deemed building safe, source of the fire was a local LAS worker burning their toast.

Obviously this would require a sense of trust on what to do and what not to do as it would be going onto the public page. However I believe most of LFB are able to be trusted with this.
I do like this idea will bring forward to rest of command

Where would we actually post this information? You referred to a public page, like on pmp website...?

I like the suggestion :)

From a technical standpoint, we can create a section on the LFB page of the pmp website where events / scenes can be posted. Responses can be collected via a Google Form, although they would not be getting directly uploaded onto the website, I've seen enough form abuse over the last few months. This would require a trusted member of the command to add new incidents - so you may wish to consider "incident of the week" rather than daily updates, as it will become quite time-consuming.

I'll leave it up to LFB command to decide how to go further.

Thanks

On top of the original intent of doing this

I was thinking this could be a handy way to see what and how many civ calls we actually get through also get some cool stats out of it too.
-how many incidents attended overall
-how many incidents each ff has attended (The FF that never sleeps award) as Ashen said
-what is the most dangerous postal
-most used appliances
-etc.
also a civ might do a good scene we haven't thought of which we could keep a record through this and use it as inspiration or ideas for Methane and other things. Has potential to help us get some kind of feedback we can give civ as well as scenes we create ourselves

To add, Intrise I think your idea would be best in this case. Incident if the week

I like the suggestion :)

From a technical standpoint, we can create a section on the LFB page of the pmp website where events / scenes can be posted. Responses can be collected via a Google Form, although they would not be getting directly uploaded onto the website, I've seen enough form abuse over the last few months. This would require a trusted member of the command to add new incidents - so you may wish to consider "incident of the week" rather than daily updates, as it will become quite time-consuming.

I'll leave it up to LFB command to decide how to go further.

Thanks
Will it be LFB command that get perms update that section?
Kes suggested adding a document to the site that we can update from our end if possible it could be embedded for viewing

Will it be LFB command that get perms update that section?
Kes suggested adding a document to the site that we can update from our end if possible it could be embedded for viewing

I will admit I'm not a fan of linking to an external document, it would need to be via the website.

LFB Command would need to nominate a couple of users who would have access to add new content. Unfortunately, the CMS which we're using does not support different permission sets (well it does on the Enterprise plan which is $1k+ per month). Therefore, the individuals would have access to update any content across the site.

I am all for this, but I agree with Intrise that only certain folk would get access and it would probably only be certain ranks. Firefighters wouldn't be getting access.

It would probably be Station Officer onwards who can upload to the website.. However we can have a Google doc only available to those with LFB tag who can send in incidents etc with pics if possible.. And Officers can then share them online..

Only downside is they would be retrospective incidents and not live incidents.. But it still shows what the brigade has been up to. And it doesn't even have to be just incidents.. Can be events, safety visits, safety messages etc...

Like for instance at Xmas.. The tree and candle safety messages..

I like this idea alot. I also like the idea of having some form of stats as well. I'm pleased LFB essentially have the go ahead and I look forward to seeing this develop.

I am all for this, but I agree with Intrise that only certain folk would get access and it would probably only be certain ranks. Firefighters wouldn't be getting access.

It would probably be Station Officer onwards who can upload to the website.. However we can have a Google doc only available to those with LFB tag who can send in incidents etc with pics if possible.. And Officers can then share them online..

Only downside is they would be retrospective incidents and not live incidents.. But it still shows what the brigade has been up to. And it doesn't even have to be just incidents.. Can be events, safety visits, safety messages etc...

Like for instance at Xmas.. The tree and candle safety messages..
So move to accepted?

A form should suffice for getting the info and then simple copy paste job to a template

Big fan of this. Our fire and rescue service do the same and this would look good on the website.

It will further drive traffic through it too where we have current content and more content to come in the future.