Declined Form hubs.

The suggestion has been declined.

OneUniqueLAD

Reaction score
Is it possible to move away from the divisional forms you access via Google forms?

I've noticed that form hubs used to have each URL for each form (Like LFB, RTPC, DSU etc still do) which in my opinion is better and actually made use for the form hub channel but now it seems we often have one link which links to another form (Used by Flight Ops, TSG, LAS etc)....whereby you use that form to select the form you want.

Admittedly this is just my opinion and I don't know if people overall agree or disagree with my view. In addition though is a Google Form not controlled by an individual who at some point may mess it up should they leave PoliceMP in bad circumstances? Surely by just having the links directly in the form hub channel its safer as well.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So to be honest, google forms have a mixed opinion. For those divisions who have a sheer load of documents that cause a clutter in formhubs, a google form is a great alternative option. Those who have little-to-no forms at all would probably not be able to benefit as much.

All files from command teams should be transferred to the ownership of senior management thus regardless if a command member leaves, if their access is revoked then they shouldn't be able to mess it up. You can also say the same if said command member deleted their message from the formhub upon departure.

imo more forms = better use for google forms. less forms = not so much.

So to be honest, google forms have a mixed opinion. For those divisions who have a sheer load of documents that cause a clutter in formhubs, a google form is a great alternative option. Those who have little-to-no forms at all would probably not be able to benefit as much.

All files from command teams should be transferred to the ownership of senior management thus regardless if a command member leaves, if their access is revoked then they shouldn't be able to mess it up. You can also say the same if said command member deleted their message from the formhub upon departure.

imo more forms = better use for google forms. less forms = not so much.

The funny thing is though is departments with more forms are (as far as hubs I can access and with exception of LAS) sticking with the original form hub format which is better than clicking on a channel...to select a form.....to select another form. It seems to be a pointless and unnecessary. The form to select forms doesn't get rid of the clutter., it just moves the clutter onto a form where you still need to find the form you need and select. The point of form hub is for the clutter of all the forms.

A quote I saw online, “EVERY CLICK OR INTERACTION SHOULD TAKE THE USER CLOSER TO THEIR GOAL WHILE ELIMINATING AS MUCH OF THE NON-DESTINATION AS POSSIBLE.”

Also yes I get your point with the channels however it seems normally access to the discord channels are moved away much quicker and I presume easier. Recent events don't seem to have messed up stuff on discord (including links) but have messed up documents. I do admit however I'm sure much has changed behind the scenes to prevent similar occurrences but I'm going off what I know.

The funny thing is though is departments with more forms are (as far as hubs I can access and with exception of LAS) sticking with the original form hub format which is better than clicking on a channel...to select a form.....to select another form. It seems to be a pointless and unnecessary. The form to select forms doesn't get rid of the clutter., it just moves the clutter onto a form where you still need to find the form you need and select. The point of form hub is for the clutter of all the forms.

A quote I saw online, “EVERY CLICK OR INTERACTION SHOULD TAKE THE USER CLOSER TO THEIR GOAL WHILE ELIMINATING AS MUCH OF THE NON-DESTINATION AS POSSIBLE.”

Also yes I get your point with the channels however it seems normally access to the discord channels are moved away much quicker and I presume easier. Recent events don't seem to have messed up stuff on discord (including links) but have messed up documents. I do admit however I'm sure much has changed behind the scenes to prevent similar occurrences but I'm going off what I know.
Yeah and of course everyone will always have their own opinions on whether they prefer something over something. Personally I am able to bookmark formhubs and access them on Google without having to surf through discord channels to find the relevant formhub I’m looking for, to then try and find a deployment tracker through 10-15 links slapped on a channel.

In terms of NHS, we’ve had positive feedback in response to the use of a google form to locate documents and as such have no plans to move back to various links in a channel. Though it is something that is on constant review.

You make valid points around security but be assured that measures are in place to prevent aforementioned attacks from taking place. I don’t speak on behalf of other divisions though :)

Last edited:
I agree it can be a pain using Google Forms as a whole, as per Joshia said though, I just bookmark the links to the forms I want to sue regular into my favorites bar.

I can certainly understand and apprecaite not wanting to click though a google form to open a link with another google form though.

IE; Deployment Form, Master Databases, Public Databases etc. etc.

I've always though why not bring All forms inhouse onto the pmp domain, Gets some web coders in and make everything inhouse. Full 100% control.
We have this forum system with login inplace so its just matter of making the php pages with arrays of course using the current login system.

Is it possible to move away from the divisional forms you access via Google forms?

I've noticed that form hubs used to have each URL for each form (Like LFB, RTPC, DSU etc still do) which in my opinion is better and actually made use for the form hub channel but now it seems we often have one link which links to another form (Used by Flight Ops, TSG, LAS etc)....whereby you use that form to select the form you want.

Admittedly this is just my opinion and I don't know if people overall agree or disagree with my view. In addition though is a Google Form not controlled by an individual who at some point may mess it up should they leave PoliceMP in bad circumstances? Surely by just having the links directly in the form hub channel its safer as well.
Hello!

So I am in very much agreement, the general way we use Forms isn't great at all and the user experience is quite poor overall. Whilst most people are used to it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good experience. I still don't think that having a single form / form hub is great either. Long term the view would be to move it somewhere else, although unfortunately there isn't really an off-the-shelf product that would really work for us.

I've always though why not bring All forms inhouse onto the pmp domain, Gets some web coders in and make everything inhouse. Full 100% control.
We have this forum system with login inplace so its just matter of making the php pages with arrays of course using the current login system.
I can guarantee if it was as easy as this, it would have been already done. Unfortunately, Xenforo is intended to be a forum, not a form system. Whilst yes there is a "form" add-on, there is no way to separate permissions between divisions. Similarly the form data is posted into threads, so as command goes, it has very little to no use as it cannot be processed or calculated in any way.

Hello!

So I am in very much agreement, the general way we use Forms isn't great at all and the user experience is quite poor overall. Whilst most people are used to it, it doesn't necessarily mean it's a good experience. I still don't think that having a single form / form hub is great either. Long term the view would be to move it somewhere else, although unfortunately there isn't really an off-the-shelf product that would really work for us.

I can guarantee if it was as easy as this, it would have been already done. Unfortunately, Xenforo is intended to be a forum, not a form system. Whilst yes there is a "form" add-on, there is no way to separate permissions between divisions. Similarly the form data is posted into threads, so as command goes, it has very little to no use as it cannot be processed or calculated in any way.

Yes, I don't understand how more clicks to get to a form is a good thing. How can it be better as opposed to the Discord channel which has direct links to the forms we need. It seems like forms are being created for the sake of creating forms.

I've never looked at xenforo codes (or heard of them) but have done similar with other forum codes hense the proposal.
It can be done, although we would spend most of our time manually managing forms, which is not something we'd want to do considering the number of forms.

Yes, I don't understand how more clicks to get to a form is a good thing. How can it be better as opposed to the Discord channel which has direct links to the forms we need. It seems like forms are being created for the sake of creating forms.
Long term there will be a single portal which will incorporate all the forms.