Declined FSD FRA

The suggestion has been declined.

liamclark.12

Subscriber
Reaction score
hello

I am here to make a suggestion for FSD now this is a suggestion i would really like to see happen now when on a AFO scene as FSD serious injury's are common now i think it would be better for FSD to also be trained further in the medical side of things and that would be FRA now i think it would be very helpful for FSD to be FRA trained so they can give good and possibly life saving treatment that a FRB officer would not be able to do when on a AFO scene for example when people might be suffering with GSWs or other serious injury's. thank you for reading.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello Liam, Previously FSD Were trained in FRA however this was reduced to FRB due to the fact that FSD will have a dog with them 99% of the time not always allowing for use of the hands whilst keeping a Dog Under Control.

It is imperative that Advanced First Aid is given by those able to make use of their hands as 90% of the treatment will be stemming a major bleed or giving CPR until LAS Arrive.

This would not always be possible by FSD, Now i can't make a decision on this but this is my 2 cents.

hello

I am here to make a suggestion for FSD now this is a suggestion i would really like to see happen now when on a AFO scene as FSD serious injury's are common now i think it would be better for FSD to also be trained further in the medical side of things and that would be FRA now i think it would be very helpful for FSD to be FRA trained so they can give good and possibly life saving treatment that a FRB officer would not be able to do when on a AFO scene for example when people might be suffering with GSWs or other serious injury's. thank you for reading.
What is the difference between the capabilities of FRB compared to FRA that would make an impact whether your treatment ability is “good and possibly life saving” or not? I’d just like to understand the reasoning behind this that’s all.

FRB is Designed for Response Officers who may attend a multitude of Minor Injuries to be able to provide Basic Treatment to a casualty until LAS Can Arrive, These Officers are given minimal kit, Gauze, TQ to Stem Bleeding and have the ability to give CPR.

The Only Difference Between FRB/FRA is that an ARV will carry an oxygen tank on a smaller scale to LAS, Alongside Wound Packing that will allow them to treat those with GSW's, Puncture Wounds, Velocity Wounds. They also have access to a Controlled Drug, Which provides minimal pain relief. Again this is designed to allow for them to Stem the Bleed, Providing that Advanced First aid until LAS Arrive.

Ultimately the goal of both is to provide that Initial Treatment, Until further medical assistance can arrive. AFO also have a direct request ability for HEMS.

Hello @liamclark.12 ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and suggestion.

After careful consideration, we've concluded that we will not be moving forward with your suggestion regarding further training for FSD. While we see the thought and merit behind your idea, it doesn't align with our current development roadmap.

We understand this might be disappointing, but please know that your voice is important to us, and every suggestion is taken seriously and reviewed thoroughly.

Best regards,
Intrise