Pending Divisional Review MET - DSU: FSD Snood

The suggestion is awaiting divisional review.

liamclark.12

Subscriber
Reaction score
hello

so i have a suggestion and its for FSD now when deployed on a AFO scene AFO have the option wear a snood to hide there identity now i believe FSD should
also get a snood to hide there identity as shown below they can be used from time to time in real life and it i think FSD should be able to wear a snood because we work very closely with AFO and they are able to hide there identity an we are not which i don't quite understand.

1713630979072.png

Last edited:
At this point we should allow all divisions access to the snood, gotta make sure everyone is kept warm and comfortable.

At this point we should allow all divisions access to the snood, gotta make sure everyone is kept warm and comfortable.
The point of The snood is to keep identity sealed and hidden, FSD work very close with us therefore I think they should have the same protection as us

The point of The snood is to keep identity sealed and hidden, FSD work very close with us therefore I think they should have the same protection as us
“If the individual wishes to wear scarves/snoods during inclement weather, these will be navy blue or black in colour and consideration given to health and safety risks. These will be worn inside the outer jacket and in keeping with the uniform.” - Dress and Appearance.
We should keep our officers warm during inclement weather! Plus any officer (exceptions form under terrorism related incidents) must identify themselves at any given time when asked by any member of the public, so the hiding of the identity doesn’t hold in my opinion.

“If the individual wishes to wear scarves/snoods during inclement weather, these will be navy blue or black in colour and consideration given to health and safety risks. These will be worn inside the outer jacket and in keeping with the uniform.” - Dress and Appearance.
We should keep our officers warm during inclement weather! Plus any officer (exceptions form under terrorism related incidents) must identify themselves at any given time when asked by any member of the public, so the hiding of the identity doesn’t hold in my opinion.
Let’s say you arrested a OCG in a group, there is more of them, more risk to a officers safety of there family been targeted, they being targeted, therefore I believe the snood is for cold weather but also to hide the faces of officers. Yes they are required to give a collar number, and name. Each force has its own rules regarding full name, first or last, but the main basis of these snoods are for operations and to keep identity withdrawn from common knowledge for officers safety

hello

so i have a suggestion and its for FSD now when deployed on a AFO scene AFO have the option wear a snood to hide there identity now i believe FSD should
also get a snood to hide there identity as shown below they can be used from time to time in real life and it i think FSD should be able to wear a snood because we work very closely with AFO and they are able to hide there identity an we are not which i don't quite understand.

View attachment 1379
+1

Let’s say you arrested a OCG in a group, there is more of them, more risk to a officers safety of there family been targeted, they being targeted, therefore I believe the snood is for cold weather but also to hide the faces of officers. Yes they are required to give a collar number, and name. Each force has its own rules regarding full name, first or last, but the main basis of these snoods are for operations and to keep identity withdrawn from common knowledge for officers safety
perfect, anyone could come in contact with a member of an OCG so everyone should have the ability to protect their identity in your own words!

perfect, anyone could come in contact with a member of an OCG so everyone should have the ability to protect their identity in your own words!
Is officers dealing with firearms dealing more likely yes? More then certainly especially with shipments of firearms within the docks and the gangs, I’d say FSD should also be able to hide their identity the same

Is officers dealing with firearms dealing more likely yes? More then certainly especially with shipments of firearms within the docks and the gangs, I’d say FSD should also be able to hide their identity the same
Absolutely! DSU may encounter OCG members during house searches, RTPC may encounter them during a pre emotive vehicle stop for a wanted person, CID may encounter them during UCO strikes, ERT may encounter them during prisoner transport. Everyone has a chance of a run in with organised crime groups so we should all be allowed the snood to protect our identity! As you said yourself of course.

Absolutely! DSU may encounter OCG members during house searches, RTPC may encounter them during a pre emotive vehicle stop for a wanted person, CID may encounter them during UCO strikes, ERT may encounter them during prisoner transport. Everyone has a chance of a run in with organised crime groups so we should all be allowed the snood to protect our identity! As you said yourself of course.
you have some good points yes but i feel like there's more chance they would target an FSD officer that has made contact with them and may of given them there charges than a ERT officer for example that is transporting them no? but if a FSD officer could seal there identity with a snood then it will give them a less of a chance of being targeted later on because realistically i don't think that a ERT officer for example would be targeted for transporting someone like i think its the same thing for TSG they raid houses like AFO and TSG get to hide there identity when carrying out there duties because some of the duties they carry out they might get them target in the future like raiding houses.