Accepted Grabbing suspects [Real players]

The suggestion has been accepted.

Jack Morrison

Subscriber
Reaction score
I think that this is needed to really improve the roleplay within PMP, when a suspect is cuffed i think that there should be a command to grab them, i think that this should be accessible via text chat by typing /grab or /drag etc.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
That could be exploited so easily tho? What's to stop a PCSO from just grabbing random civs? Or a PC who decides he wants to troll and does the same? You need to view this from a Civ Pov we are players too. Just seems a bit of a weird thing to add due to how it can be exploited.

That could be exploited so easily tho? What's to stop a PCSO from just grabbing random civs? Or a PC who decides he wants to troll and does the same? You need to view this from a Civ Pov we are players too. Just seems a bit of a weird thing to add due to how it can be exploited.
I am suggesting this for roleplay purposes only, if a player was to exploit it then i think that consequences should be put in place. And im sorry if im making you feel like im not thinking about civ's but they can also use this command for more crearive and realistic roleplay [ik this isnt really realistic but civ's could use it for hostage situations and there is a file where civs can hold them form behind whilst aiming a gun at the persons head].

Same could be argued with tasers or PAVA?

PAVA has very little affect on any player, just blurs your vision and hinders your movement ever so slightly. Tasering can be exploited but it is very rare to see in my opinion. Both PAVA and Taser are locked behind PC.
I can only assume that this grab mechanic will be for all users (Including PCSO's). I mean as a Senior CIV I'd expect you to be more knowledgeable about PCSO's and how you can get a few that troll.

This mechanic would also give you complete control of a player, similar to using a basket. But Most PCSO's are not aware of the basket command due to being knew and not even being in LAS Properly. If this somehow gets accepted, everyone will be aware of it much quicker than the basket command
Just seems like a reckless suggestion

I can see the Roleplay perspective, but other than the physical grabbing and movement of the player, what more changes? You are still required to type in that /grab as opposed to /me grabs.

Just don't see much logic.

PAVA has very little affect on any player, just blurs your vision and hinders your movement ever so slightly. Tasering can be exploited but it is very rare to see in my opinion. Both PAVA and Taser are locked behind PC.
I can only assume that this grab mechanic will be for all users (Including PCSO's). I mean as a Senior CIV I'd expect you to be more knowledgeable about PCSO's and how you can get a few that troll.

This mechanic would also give you complete control of a player, similar to using a basket. But Most PCSO's are not aware of the basket command due to being knew and not even being in LAS Properly. If this somehow gets accepted, everyone will be aware of it much quicker than the basket command
Just seems like a reckless suggestion

I can see the Roleplay perspective, but other than the physical grabbing and movement of the player, what more changes? You are still required to type in that /grab as opposed to /me grabs.

Just don't see much logic.
You could restrict it behind PC tags the same as taser...

As a senior civ I have met trolls, yes. Most of whom are either going to just VDM or cuff you.

Although grabing people would open it up for trolls, it would also open more opportunities for RP

I love this in the sense it would add realism when dealing with difficult civs, but I do also agree that I think it would be abused too much.

This would be very nice to have rather then having to keep putting in /me grabs. Sometimes, the civs don't even realise they're being grabbed.

Hello!

Thanks for your suggestion.

This suggestion has been added to the backlog.

What is a backlog?
Backlog refers to a list of tasks or work items that need to be completed. This is a list of features, enhancements, bug fixes, and other changes to a product that need to be implemented.

What does this mean?
The suggestion has made it through to the next stage of the development cycle.

Is there an ETA?
Unfortunately, there is no ETA for any features, requests, or bug fixes that have been added to the backlog.

What happens next?
Once a developer picks up the relevant work item, the change will go through the pipelines and any details will be posted in the #changelog channel. There will be no further updates on this thread.

Thanks!