Declined Hour minimum

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

(OFC) Harry

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Hi there, I’m putting in suggestions as it’s to do with all divisions:

I am a dedicated member within the police MP community. I love playing and more, but when I have a 8 hour requirement on most divisions apart from AUX OPS it’s really ram packed. I think it would be nice to see the cap be at 6 hours for all divisions. I see a lot of people leaving divisions like DSU, LAS(AP), LFB due to this requirement. I think it would be more sufficient to make a 6 hour cap to allow people to be in more divisions and have fun within the community. I know lots of people will support me in this decision. I don’t want to leave any of my amazing divisions but AUX OPS is working amazing due to there low requirements allowing people to have time to themselves. I think this should be carefully considered as I think it would be amazing to see be implemented. Command members have no minimum for other departments so they can dedicate there hours to there division, but as they know from when they were our ranks; it gets very hard and you do have to make the decision to leave.

Currently I have to dedicate around 35 hours but it is more like 40 after making cases for CID and more.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
As much as I do agree, minimum hours are there for a reason. I understand it might be a pain sometimes, but its working out what you want to be in. I was in all devisions at one point bar RTPC and AFO. I had 47 hours per week to do just for those. Yes its alot but I made the choice to be in them.

I think this would be a very good idea as it would allow more people to get into divisions and have to dedicate time. I’ve had the same experience because I unfortunately had to drop all my divisons over a period of time due to not having the time.

As much as I do agree, minimum hours are there for a reason. I understand it might be a pain sometimes, but its working out what you want to be in. I was in all devisions at one point bar RTPC and AFO. I had 47 hours per week to do just for those. Yes its alot but I made the choice to be in them.
Yeah 100% so did I buddy. But i want to stay in them not leave :)

Below is an opinion of my own, not affiliated with any other command member or senior management.

Although hours can add up, this is the choice of the player. My opinion on this is that you accumulate the hours off your own back based on what you wish to apply for and what you wish to play as.

Although it seems alot, its isnt if you play as often as you do.

If you are in CID, you could probably get half of your forms done in a days play or two. You could be online as custody and still get forms in, or you could be responding to calls.

RTPC is the same. Time will pass when you do more than sit and wait for a civ pursuit. Get involved with DVSA, set up checkpoints, more hours complete.

Reducing hours will not help others explore the divisions we have; what i mean by this is; an officer in AFO, such an elite and limited division, reaches 6 hours as you suggest, means we wont have a rotation of officers like we do; where people drop it for another, or are removed back on conduct, sadly.

We have such an active community, where requirements are needed to ensure we all have abit of divisions we want/like/enjoy. Having all these times helps with this.

Lastly, hours were reduced by 15/20% based on the last review of hours, and this has seen an increase in player activity.

I hope this makes sense. Feel free to add more comments for discussion

100% understand that. But I know people who love there divisions but have to go due to the time minimum. It is easy to do but when you have 50 hours on because you love every one of your divisions it gets hard. Anyway thanks for the reply buddy

I think hours should be temporarily dropped (as in reduced) based on real world events after being authorised by SM. As an example maybe in December it should be a standing authority as people may be likely to work more in real life due to being emergency services or in retail and obviously so people can spend time with families and still also be able to play the game without taking LOA. Another example would have been Op London Bridge where it should have been considered based on the demand on emergency services in real life. Obviously any large scale/national events planned and spontaneous (ie. London riots situation) should be considered. LOA is good for personal circumstances but I don't think it would hurt to have temporary drops in hours when some kind of significant event is occurring that would affect multiple members and in particular our wide amount of players who work for the services in real life.

This is an opinion of my own and not that of any other Command with NHS.

A month or 2 back we reduced hours, The Reductions were as follows:

NHS was from 10 to 8
HEMS was from 12 to 10

As is with any Division that you join your notified of the hourly requirements on that app but not just that, In the interviews and when your trained initially. This then leaves the Decision upto you wither you want to go ahead and join the Division, Or that you can't dedicate the time to the Division.

I was once where you say you are and had to decide what to keep a hold of and what to drop so that my main Division didn't suffer. Sometimes its just that, a Choice you have to make.

Hi there, I’m putting in suggestions as it’s to do with all divisions:

I am a dedicated member within the police MP community. I love playing and more, but when I have a 8 hour requirement on most divisions apart from AUX OPS it’s really ram packed. I think it would be nice to see the cap be at 6 hours for all divisions. I see a lot of people leaving divisions like DSU, LAS(AP), LFB due to this requirement. I think it would be more sufficient to make a 6 hour cap to allow people to be in more divisions and have fun within the community. I know lots of people will support me in this decision. I don’t want to leave any of my amazing divisions but AUX OPS is working amazing due to there low requirements allowing people to have time to themselves. I think this should be carefully considered as I think it would be amazing to see be implemented. Command members have no minimum for other departments so they can dedicate there hours to there division, but as they know from when they were our ranks; it gets very hard and you do have to make the decision to leave.

Currently I have to dedicate around 35 hours but it is more like 40 after making cases for CID and more.
Ive had to drop loads due to the requirements. I understand that they are making the player base active. But adding requirements onto the teams/divisions isn't the way to do so. They can easily promote the server for a bigger player base via their following on their socials. The requirements are really difficult if you have a busy life. Such as an emergency worker/retail like Unqiuelad said. People have to understand that we have IRL lives to do and have our daily jobs (e.g school or work) The requirements put us down on the work we have to do, but that's my own opinion on things. I respect everyone's but I think they should be lowered to around 4-6 hrs per month. As it would be a quick and easy shift on a weekend. But like you said having soo many roles can be difficult, and if you don't meet the requirements. activity warnings come in

Thank you max- I agree with this a lot. In addition activity warnings can lead to anxiety etc as you feel a sense you are letting people down (personal experience)

Thank you max- I agree with this a lot. In addition activity warnings can lead to anxiety etc as you feel a sense you are letting people down (personal experience)
Exactly, that's when LOAs comes in. However, you cannot stay on LOA for so long until higherups come after you about it

Hello, Thank you for your suggestion

Based on the suggestion itself, We understand hours can sometimes take a lot of time, However its the players choice what divisions they join which increases or decreases hours depending on the form, Hours have been a subject of debate many a times with at current the most reduced time we have ever had, Lowering it further personally i could see start become a issue, as Crusade mentioned very well, We never want to hinder anyone's experience on the server but we do have the hour requirements for a reason, These do get reviewed every so often to make sure its right for the current climate of the server, In terms of the suggestion of irl events changing hours, This is something that could be reviewed

But for overall standard hours depends on the divisions themselves, as i personally lowered NHS's hours as it fitted more in line with the server in its current state but i would not at current lower it further at the current moment, But again things are subject to change, In terms of that for right now, i see no need in a review of hours for now

Exactly, that's when LOAs comes in. However, you cannot stay on LOA for so long until higherups come after you about it
Personally, i am not a fan of this comment Max, and how its worded so I’ll address the LOA ‘chasing’ here.

Higherups dont ‘come after’ anyone for an LOA, but instead we ask for updates and query peoples duration of LOAs as for reasons on the above. People hold divisions, disappear for weeks and months at a time and this is unfair on others as we cap divisions to an extent to make them more exclusive.

Using AFO as an example, they are currently capped, imagine if this was an open division; you would have every member of the community being part of it. Whereas if someone is LOA for a long period of time; we ask them to consider their position within that division to essentially make room for others who can dedicate time.

Time requirements are not there to cause any stress or anxiety, and are there based on the above factors of making divisions exclusively to those who xan dedicate time and run as that division.

I hope this makes sense. If you have any questions at all, feel free to drop me a DM

Status
Not open for further replies.