Declined Hours and not meeting requirements.

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

(JO-3) TheAshenCaptain

Station Officer
Reaction score
Brief notice - I am not asking for reduced hours.

My suggestion would be that there should be a division wide standard for dealing with people not meeting minimum requirements. This would work for all divisions and requirements bar trainings.

My suggestion on one way this could be done, and is the main point around my suggestion. Is that any hours you miss from previous months should be what you have to complete within the first half of the month. An example of this being LFB. Lets say, for example, I do 6 hours month 1 and the requirement is 8. I would have to do at LEAST 2 hours in the first 2 weeks to make up for this. I believe this would help keep people ontop of their hours because, as of current, it doesnt take into account if I miss 7:00 hours or 1:00.

How is this fair? you might be saying. Alot of the devisions on the sever are very wanted and sought after. It is unfair for someone to hold up a place in a division for months on end when they dont play as it stopping a potentially active member joining.

I have 10 hours missed last month, how am I going to catch up! - This would be an issue, which I understand, however this would be something people would have to consider. If they cant meet their requirements, which they signed up to when they joined!, then this is something they would need to reconsider.

I myself have had issues where I didnt meet hours requirements, heck I missed 4 in one month, however doing this would make people avoid not meeting their hour requirements for their respective devisions.

TLDR? - Rolling hours if you dont meet requirements one month.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
We already have a good system in place.

Firstly we have the LOA system and I will quote "When you take LOA, your activity for that month is based on how many days you were not LOA." - Ref: https://policemp.com/guides/leave-of-absence/

Secondly when you fail your requirements for the 1st month you will receive an activity warning. If you get another activity warning for the 2nd consecutive month you then have until halfway through that month to complete half your requirements. Once that is successful you must then still complete your total remaining hours / deployments for the rest of that month.

So that method also doesn't take into account how many hours you missed etc, it allows you a fresh 2nd chance.

My favourite topic; hours and LOA 🤓

Disclaimer: Below is an opinion of my own, and is not affiliated with any other command member or senior management member. Where fact may be spoken, I will provide sources

Lets start with the basics.

I agree, hours can add up, but this is the choice of the player. My opinion on this is that you accumulate the hours off your own back based on what you wish to apply for and what you wish to play as. Unfortunately we cant be everything otherwise we would have a rather uneven server during peak times because the majority will want a gun or a fast car.

Moving onto your original suggestion Ash.

My suggestion would be that there should be a division wide standard for dealing with people not meeting minimum requirements.
We have a very strong server wide basis with dealing with those inactive within sought after divisions, which spans over an 8-10 week period. Below is how the activity works:
• January 1-31st (5 hours out of 8) Activity warning 1 is issued on Feb 1st
• February 1st-28th (6 hours out of 8) Activity warning 2 is issued on March 1st along with a requirement to fulfill half of your hours by 14 days later.
• If you fail to reach half hours by 14 days after the notice; you are eligible for removal.

Is that any hours you miss from previous months should be what you have to complete within the first half of the month.
Here you say that any hours not complete during a month should be brought into the next month and be completed within 2 weeks/half of the month. This will never work and actually means you have to do more hours than required as a minimum. If you fulfill your role as a division and only reach half of the hours, then transfer the other half to the following month, you will need to complete the half, but the usual minimum. Using LFB as you have above; completing 4 hours of LFB in January then needed to complete 4 hours in the first 14 days of February will essentially mean you need to complete 12 hours total as a minimum. Rolling hours over will mean you have free reign to remain in a division without meeting the initial requirements per month.

If they cant meet their requirements, which they signed up to when they joined!, then this is something they would need to reconsider.
This is true. Hours do add up, no disputing that; but players sign up for these divisions. I know some divisions have more to do than others, but the server is always developing, new things are always on the horizon, and the CIVs work just as hard to ensure divisions have something to do. Command work tirelessly to ensure we have fun things to do, like Friday Patrols, CIV nights of chaos, Op Methane and spontaneous events for PC+ and Subscribers

I know we have some exciting divisions across all trees and we cant be in them all, but this is where you have to choose your desired divisions, apply for what you are most interested in. You can always switch up divisions when apps open; albeit you are successful in the process.

I’m also going to add myself into this equation. Luckily, I hold all divisions and sub divisions based on current rank. I am involved in over 12 divisions, liaising with command from band 1 TLs upto band 3 head of divisions.
• Do I have time to play all divisions? No, absolutely not!
If Senior Management turned around tomorrow and said to me, “Crusade, your band now has activity requirements across all roles”; id be quick on my toes to drop those divisions i am not active as/as much as, where I would feel/know i cannot commit to requirements. That way, i am not putting myself under pressure, and also i am able to free up a space in sought after divisions for more active members

LOA is an option, but is not there as a method to deviate from requirements because the player doesn’t feel like doing minimum hours. It’s there for people who are going to be away from the server, which is why it’s strictly policed (to an extent). Abuse of LOA to retain roles is something we dont want and haven’t had for a long time. Hours based around LOA doesnt work in everyone’s favour as they may submit the LOA later in order to deviate hours and still be under what should be minimal within that sought after division.

To summarise,
• Hours are at the choice of the player. You apply for the divisions and are told the activity requirements upon application.
• As an example, 8 hours for 1 division seems alot but this is very little when spanned across the days that our community is active. Monthly requirements could be complete during Patrols, or during other events like Methane or CIV nights.
• Some players are active for hours on end, some aren’t; but thats down to your discretion of how active you want to be.
• Rolling hours over essentially means you are expected to do more as a minimum which is a route that defeats the purpose of the current method of activity in place.

I hope the above makes sense, feel free to continue the discussion below or drop me a DM; I’m happy to discuss further.

🙂

Status
Not open for further replies.