Introduce section 18’s and a change to TSG

Reaction score
We all know and love the raids that we do, mainly when everyone crews up in TSG gear, we get DSU and sometimes firearms involved too - these are brilliant, large scale and super inclusive which is good!

What I would like to propose is the addition to a new style of search, even a callout per say. The Section 18.
Section 18 means a constable may enter and search any premises occupied or controlled by a person who is under arrest for an indictable offence, if they have reasonable grounds for suspecting that there is on the premises evidence, other than items subject to legal privilege, that relates—

(a) to that offence; or

(b) to some other indictable offence which is connected with or similar to that offence.

The section 18’s could be conducted after arresting civRP players for now, but call outs could be created from arrests with the release of the new callout system, and would be scaled appropriately with the building/room size to be searched and to who’s available. These searches could be conducted by anyone (although it is very rare for a PCSO to attend as they can only control the S18 booklet) and wouldn’t require mass planning, TSG or in some cases CID.

For example, if officers were searching postal 408 down by the beach then 4/5 officers could go down in one can and start searching, logging each finding they have (which could be controlled by the arrested Civ player via text chat).

As stated above Section 18’s could be scaled up to include more officers, include TSG, DSU and CID but wouldn’t necessarily always have to have them, if no intel on property states it’s at risk of officer safety then TSG wouldn’t be needed for example. Section 18’s could be authorised by any SGT+ for moderation and ease of getting permission.

I believe section 18’s would add another level of realism to the server and also give ERT the opportunity to gain inside into what TSG and CID can get upto when on raids.
—————————————————————

With the above Section 18’s being proposed I would also like to propose a change in how TSG works currently. To the best of my knowledge TSG is only used for raids and / or big public order events. TSG travel there and back and that’s only when theyre used.

I’d like to propose a more real kind of set up for TSG. In this new set up it would allow TSG trained officers to crew up in the TSG vans on a regular basis and would see them patrol as TSG. (Given the game limitations they would run in their full TSG gear but further on the line it could be added as a “get kit” feature from the boot of vehicles to allow them to run normal PC gear then kit up). Each TSG van would have to have a minimum crewing of 4 PC’s / SGT’s and would have a callsign similar to the Trojan callsigns that AFO have. (Note: it wouldn’t be Trojan but could be Oscar 1 Oscar 2 etc).

Each TSG crew would patrol as one and attend the most appropriate callouts for them (e.g. AFO don’t attend shop lifter callouts).

I frequently see PC’s wanting to use the TSG vans we have but are only given chance to run as them on planned raids. As in the real MET TSG are always on patrol and ready to go so giving this ability to TSG members in game would be cool!

It could also work with the new callout system as we could include spontaneous large scale fights or public disruption (protests) style callouts as these regularly happen in London.

APPROVED ISH
This is already done to an extent with the roll out of TSG and with CID, TSG is now its own subdivision meaning that they can patrol when authorised