Declined LOA "Tell us once".

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OneUniqueLAD

Reaction score
Why do we have a form to have LOA and then separately need to notify each division and then also keep each division updated?

In the main LOA form we tick each division we're in therefore it makes sense for them to be notified automatically or via some process without us having to tell each division.

I would also suggest maybe a separate form for follow ups/updates. This would allow players to fulfill our obligation to keep each division updated every so often.

The best comparison I can think of is the goverment "Tell us once" service which notifies each department of a certain event instead of you needing to go to each department.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello OneUniqueLAD

When you submit the LOA form, this notifies all command on a "tell us once" type method. All band2+ have access to a notification channel which posts automatically when someone takes an LOA, further to this, we have an LOA tracker, which tells them the start and end date of your LOA.

The reason for 'checking in' is to keep in touch with the command teams to ensure that LOA isnt overstayed and that we know the update of if you are extending or shortening. This also allows for closer monitoring of the division numbers and activity.

When you submit an LOA, you dont need to directly tell your department heads, but its someone you can choose to do. All we ask if for people to be genuine and to come off LOA when they agree to, unless circumstances say different.

Please note: the LOA Policy on the website is due to change to reflect the above

I hope this answers your suggestion. I will leave this open for now for further discussion

Thanks

Hello OneUniqueLAD

When you submit the LOA form, this notifies all command on a "tell us once" type method. All band2+ have access to a notification channel which posts automatically when someone takes an LOA, further to this, we have an LOA tracker, which tells them the start and end date of your LOA.

The reason for 'checking in' is to keep in touch with the command teams to ensure that LOA isnt overstayed and that we know the update of if you are extending or shortening. This also allows for closer monitoring of the division numbers and activity.

When you submit an LOA, you dont need to directly tell your department heads, but its someone you can choose to do. All we ask if for people to be genuine and to come off LOA when they agree to, unless circumstances say different.

Please note: the LOA Policy on the website is due to change to reflect the above

I hope this answers your suggestion. I will leave this open for now for further discussion

Thanks

My understanding was that you also need to notify each division so thanks for clearing that up.

Based on your answer my suggestion is to have a kind of follow up form which maybe also acts the same and provides an update centrally in addition to each division yet again like a "Tell us once" kind of thing.

Hello again, so the currently policy on the website states, fill out the form and inform your sgt, but this is soon to be updated as part of the content update incoming for the feb update.

We have advanced with LOA and we have 1 sheet which informs all divisions of LOA inc start and end date. Alongside, we have the notification channel which is fully automated

In relation to the update form, this is a good idea but is not something i am looking to implement at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.