London Ambulance Service ideas

Reaction score
Good afternoon!

I'm sure you've heard in Gold command that I wanted to play as LAS the other day and I'm sure you've already got ideas and systems and structures in place but I would like to show you two documents I've made up for the structure of LAS + resources for it too.

Resource document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LVfpHzzvdkuBCXLlYoPtCK4W_IPpo1iJC77kHn0M-mY/edit
Structure document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vgagzFW3ZIH4fbGn-MxhqCxIIk6jr8BaYvBGE8lpv8g/edit
Spawning document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1mIpZMcw9EQ-x7dMTn-t1MuJD9i8JPZKIr5lPZy-Bv5c/edit

My idea would be to have LAS as a whole new service rather than a division within PoliceMP. I understand that PoliceMP is, as states in the name, police based but I feel like this could be a new direction the server could go in. It would include a radical new way that players can play on the server and would also open up LAS to all members of PoliceMP, including the cadets. All is stated in the structure document of how this would work but basically players would get a choice when spawning in of the service they wish to play as (like when we get the option of where to spawn). If a player decides to spawn in as the MET then everything that Gold command and the devs have built up stays exactly the same. Nothing with the police would change. If a player decides to spawn in as LAS then the player would have a choice of where to spawn (as detailed in spawning document) and would spawn in as a student paramedic (based on them being completely new players) and would have access to limited vehicles and/or callouts (ideally we would be able to restrict the EMS capabilities for each training level but I would imagine that's complicated so for simplicity we'd limit callouts). Players can then go to callouts just as the police can except they'd be paramedic based (There is an opportunity to have MET and LAS callouts overlap so it would force players to work together like in real situations). Alongside callouts being generated officers could also call for EMS via the radio, and vise versa for LAS calling for MET assistance.

LAS, like the police structure we have, would also have the equivalent to divisions. These are training courses that players can go on to gain access to new vehicles, new callouts and new outfits (all is stated in structure document). This would allow players to gain a more diverse insight into the world of LAS and make their gameplay more interesting. The rank structure and training structure is detailed in the structure document so I won't go into detail here.

I believe this would be a very cool and interesting new direction for the PoliceMP community and I would love to be a part of the members who build the LAS division. It would add a new level of immersion for players to experience and would create a diverse range of spontaneous calls + roleplay. There are also opportunities to work alongside each division in game like the marine unit as ambo crews could go onto the boats etc. There's also an oppurtunity to utilise the new boot system too as ambulances could have EMS bags, a defibrillator, a stretcher or other emergency healthcare items in it and could deploy like the AFO helmet or the dog from DSU.

Please feel free to DM me about anything further to do with LAS as I may have missed out some information on the documents and this. I am passionate about the new prospect of LAS as a new service.

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

I have passed this on, I appreciate the effort put in here. I will leave this suggestion open to monitor going forward

Cheers, forbesee (A7)

Hi, thanks for the suggestion.

I have passed this on, I appreciate the effort put in here. I will leave this suggestion open to monitor going forward

Cheers, forbesee (A7)

Is there any word on this suggestion? it has been in suggestions since may and has neither been declined or approved. Clearly a lot of time, thought and effort has gone in to this by catalyst and I for one think it is a fantastic idea.

As an ex medical technician I would really enjoy seeing this added to the game and would take it on as a full time role over the policing side of things, most stuff is in game already vehicle and outfit wise but only available for SGT+ and a select few. I am not sure on scripts or props but this can be roleplayed quite easily which is something I do myself when I have the opportunity to play as ground based HEMS not only in roleplay but AI calls such as RTC's street fights etc.

I also think it would really expand the PMP community and add a whole new aspect of gameplay. I also could see a benefit to the development team as a similar donation system could be set up for the paramedic service.

Please can this be actively looked in to?

Last edited: