Suggestion Declined MET - AFO: Afo drone operators

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

RoadRunner

Police Constable
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Afo drone operators

Division: MET - AFO

For afo officers trained in flight ops and drone, having the additional option for them to deploy a drone to support officers on the ground I think would be beneficial as not always are npas or drone pilots available afonhaving this option would reduce the risk to officers and a drone can be carried in the back of the arv easily.

The idea would be to utilise this as a tactical advantage for searching scene, over head watch, gathering Intel

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hi Roadrunner,

Thank you for your recent divisional suggestion.

AFO command are always looking to build a stronger relationship with FlightOps.

I can not confirm this will be implemented, however, will be discussed with FlightOps command.

In the meantime, I will move this suggestion to accepted.

Kind regards,

Hello RoadRunner

Thanks for your suggestion to AFO Command which has been brought to my attention as Head of Flight Ops for the interim period. I am going to be transparant with your suggestion as i like to be with anything brought forward.

For afo officers trained in flight ops and drone, having the additional option for them to deploy a drone to support officers on the ground I think would be beneficial as not always are npas or drone pilots available

You mention above that you wish for AFO trained in Flight Ops to have an option to use the drone, this is already an option by switching from AFO to Flight Ops. Switching to Flight Ops will increase our activity and also allow for you to be in the role of a Police Drone Operator instead of the capacity of an AFO officer.

a drone can be carried in the back of the arv easily.

You mention above that the use of the drone to be in the back of an ARV would be easily carried. Although it would be easier to carry a drone in the ARV instead of swapping to the Flight Ops role, this will take the drone element away from Flight Ops and we wouldnt have a great use for it.

AFO command are always looking to build a stronger relationship with FlightOps.

Following on from what Chungus said above about working together with Flight Ops, this is what we can do going forward. We love cross division work, this allows for both divsions to be active and to partake in limited calls that wouldnt usually be available.

To summarise: AFO won't be receiving the drone in their vehicles. This is due to many factors which I will list

1) This will take the drone element away from Flight Ops and reduce our activity.
2) ARVs IRL dont carry drones (as far as i am aware) so the realism aspect isnt there.
3) The development work in the background will be time consuming and the devs have alot on their list. (As far as i know, the drone would need to be added to individual cars, not the AFO Tag)
4) The drone coming to AFO would also cause for more training for the division to undergo, and we dont want to be overloaded with training, if anything, we actively fry to reduce the amount needed

Although there are pros and cons to this suggestion, it wouldn't be sufficient in the long run to add the drone to AFO, therefore, I am going to move this suggestion to declined

I hope this reply to your suggestion is satisfactory, if you wish to discuss further, drop me a DM

On behalf of Flight Ops Command and AFO Command

[25/10/2022 EDIT] Thread reopened for further discussion

Last edited: