Suggestion Accepted MET - CID: Addition of evidence markers for use by CSI/Forensics

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

(E2) Xi Jinpooh

Chief Inspector
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Addition of evidence markers for use by CSI/Forensics

Division: MET - CID

I believe the addition of an 'evidence marker' prop into the F5 menu would add extra depth to scenes, allowing evidence to be more clearly seen and for them to be identified when reports are filed.

I have attached a link to an example on the LCPDFR website.

https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta5mods/misc/30014-evidence-marker-pack-can-usa/

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.

I believe the addition of an 'evidence marker' prop into the F5 menu would add extra depth to scenes, allowing evidence to be more clearly seen and for them to be identified when reports are filed.

https://www.lcpdfr.com/downloads/gta5mods/misc/30014-evidence-marker-pack-can-usa/
Hello Jinpooh,

Thank you for your suggestion!

I love the idea of adding something like this to the division. In-game, it is a relatively small detail, but I think it could make a very large impact on the immersion and overall quality of Forensic/Crime Scene Investigatory roleplay. It could be incorporated into future training presentations too, in order to maximise the effectiveness of its intended use.

The model you have suggested would be needed to have slight tweaks here and there, to make it
a) Compatible with our server
b) British themed

I have had a look online myself at potential models, however, most are pretty poor quality/not what we are after in one way or another. So, if this were to be considered, I would presume evidence markers would be custom-made props, rather than a drag and drop model. Regardless, I think they would be a great addition to the division.

Therefore, this suggestion has been accepted at a divisional level, and will be put forward to the developers. This will be moved to PENDING DEV REVIEW

Thanks

Last edited:

In addition to this, GTA Online appears to have markers in it as a random spawnable event, would it be possible to use these as a base? I will attach the link to the place where I found this.

Hello!

Thanks for your suggestion.

It would add more reality for CID to have evidence markers and it would overall enhance the RP. This suggestion, therefore, has been added to the backlog.

What is a backlog?
Backlog refers to a list of tasks or work items that need to be completed. This is a list of features, enhancements, bug fixes, and other changes to a product that need to be implemented.

What does this mean?
The suggestion has made it through to the next stage of the development cycle.

Is there an ETA?
Unfortunately, there is no ETA for any features, requests, or bug fixes that have been added to the backlog.

What happens next?
Once a developer picks up the relevant work item, the change will go through the pipelines and any details will be posted in the #changelog channel. There will be no further updates on this thread.

Thanks!