Suggestion Declined MET - CID: SCD SPIKES

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

Kieran89

MET Trainer
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: SCD SPIKES

Division: MET - CID

My suggestion is SCD to have spikes only to be used on a operation as scd are TATTICS trained and can preform a 2man+ box on a vehicle and a bike ram i believe this would be a nice edition to the division just like ARO have but with certain conditions

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So typically preemptive spikes (what you are asking for) are not usually used exept for HGVs and possibly bikes that are likely to run, ideally you'd have RTPC awaiting if you have Intel that they might try and run. To me being able to do a 2 man preemptive box makes sense but if you met the conditions of preemptive spikes you probably should get rtpc involved as that is what we are here for

So typically preemptive spikes (what you are asking for) are not usually used exept for HGVs and possibly bikes that are likely to run, ideally you'd have RTPC awaiting if you have Intel that they might try and run. To me being able to do a 2 man preemptive box makes sense but if you met the conditions of preemptive spikes you probably should get rtpc involved as that is what we are here for
typically what ive reaslised with this if we inv RTPC to help us they ignore all coms and take over which is one annoying and frustraiting due to scd not being utillised all the time or as common as other sub -divisions im all for cross division work but in this case SCD is all about stopping a crime before its even commited and to stop a vehicle making off we currently do boxes on a vehicle as ADAVACED VEHICLE TACTICS TRAINED so i dont see the harm in adding spikes

Also with SCD we use completly different coms to RTPC sometimes RTPC get confused and go straight in blowing the entire cover of scd operatives similer to UCO operations

i dont think it would be worth adding to be honest because you would have to give everyone in CID spikes witch could go 2 ways, aswell as if i remember correctly SCD can do boxes on a vehicle so whats the need for spikes?

i dont think it would be worth adding to be honest because you would have to give everyone in CID spikes witch could go 2 ways, aswell as if i remember correctly SCD can do boxes on a vehicle so whats the need for spikes?
so as said above gives you a perfect example of why and im only suggesting for SCD to have accsess to spikes this would need a new tag being made "SCD" for the ability to add spikes to vehicles which would need an extra training package

typically what ive reaslised with this if we inv RTPC to help us they ignore all coms and take over which is one annoying and frustraiting due to scd not being utillised all the time or as common as other sub -divisions im all for cross division work but in this case SCD is all about stopping a crime before its even commited and to stop a vehicle making off we currently do boxes on a vehicle as ADAVACED VEHICLE TACTICS TRAINED so i dont see the harm in adding spikes

Also with SCD we use completly different coms to RTPC sometimes RTPC get confused and go straight in blowing the entire cover of scd operatives similer to UCO operations
That's something you need to take up with command, we can only go off of what we are trained to do

If they are advanced ticket holders then there's no reason not to bring them in line with RTPC, AFO and ERT. +1 lets give CID spikes

Hello !

Just letting you know that command will have a look at this and come back when we have made a decision

Det.Insp Tonra

CID wouldn't probably wouldn't even hold an IPP ticket irl, so very unlikely they will have a stinger ticket too.

Due to RTPC and ARO being able to spike vehicles for now this will be declined. Thank you for your suggestion