Suggestion Accepted MET - CID: Withhold phone call.

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

OneUniqueLAD

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Withhold phone call.

Division: MET - CID

Currently when booked into custody in game the suspect has a right to a phone call. If the suspect requests it we oblidge however in real life that right can be suspended if the custody officer believes by making a phone call it could jepodise an investigation or tip off others to destroy evidence etc.

My suggestion is add a bit to the custody booking form where the custody officer can state if that right is withheld and maybe the reasons why? Could maybe add an additional bit of script to read to the suspect if that power is used.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable with the actual real life custody process can help advise the exact criteria required etc.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Suggestion Title: Withhold phone call.

Division: MET - CID

Currently when booked into custody in game the suspect has a right to a phone call. If the suspect requests it we oblidge however in real life that right can be suspended if the custody officer believes by making a phone call it could jepodise an investigation or tip off others to destroy evidence etc.

My suggestion is add a bit to the custody booking form where the custody officer can state if that right is withheld and maybe the reasons why? Could maybe add an additional bit of script to read to the suspect if that power is used.

I'm sure someone more knowledgeable with the actual real life custody process can help advise the exact criteria required etc.

Hello,

At the moment any custody officer can refuse the right if the reasons you have listed are met, this has been done many times before and can be done at anytime if appropriate. Maybe something which can be made more clear by the CID Command Team. I will raise this to their attention to look into making more clear on the training side and/or on the Custody report.

I know of a handful of larger cases where suspects have been refused a phone call at custody to simply prevent arrangements being made for them or to notify other parties of their location etc while in custody. And it has worked well.

Will pass this on in discord and also ping the team here as well,
(@(DI1) Callum @(DS2) Sgt. PipeDreamR @(DS3) Syke @(DS4) Xi Jinpooh )

Kian (E1)
Chief Inspector

Hello,

At the moment any custody officer can refuse the right if the reasons you have listed are met, this has been done many times before and can be done at anytime if appropriate. Maybe something which can be made more clear by the CID Command Team. I will raise this to their attention to look into making more clear on the training side and/or on the Custody report.

I know of a handful of larger cases where suspects have been refused a phone call at custody to simply prevent arrangements being made for them or to notify other parties of their location etc while in custody. And it has worked well.

Will pass this on in discord and also ping the team here as well,
(@(DI1) Callum @(DS2) Sgt. PipeDreamR @(DS3) Syke @(DS4) Xi Jinpooh )

Kian (E1)
Chief Inspector

Ah thanks. I wasn't aware this is something we're permitted to do in game as part of the custody process. As you say I don't think its very clear this is an avaliable option especially as people outside of the police may not even know this is a possibility.

Ah thanks. I wasn't aware this is something we're permitted to do in game as part of the custody process. As you say I don't think its very clear this is an avaliable option especially as people outside of the police may not even know this is a possibility.

Exactly that, have raised to the relevant command team to look into further. (y)