Suggestion Declined MET-ERT: Desk Staff

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

XGhost

NHS Trainer
Reaction score
Add callsigns for Desk Staff so they arent using CW which helps control know that they arent patrolling.

Moved to Divisional Suggestions

Last edited by a moderator:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Add callsigns for Desk Staff so they arent using CW which helps control know that they arent patrolling.
i dont believe they need CAD on, i could be wrong. at the end of the day they cant use the radio soooo ye

Maybe ERT Command could do something similar to ARO, for example ARO is 1-4, could Desk Staff work like this as well?

Maybe ERT Command could do something similar to ARO, for example ARO is 1-4, could Desk Staff work like this as well?
As I said, they don’t use the callsign, they don’t have a radio and if ever they contact control or announce in text chat they say "Desk Staff at …" so it would be pointless

I was on desk staff today and i put in text chat twice that desk staff is active i put 2 999 calls and control said im not meant to do that CW22, i even put in red "control CW22 is going to be active desk staff and they are still calling me over coms to respond to stuff while CAD is off, If we had a specific callsign control would know that desk staff has put a 999 call in, instead of one from a CW unit which they dont look at. But end of the day its just a suggestion would it be better for future if i dont set a callsign

I was on desk staff today and i put in text chat twice that desk staff is active i put 2 999 calls and control said im not meant to do that CW22, i even put in red "control CW22 is going to be active desk staff and they are still calling me over coms to respond to stuff while CAD is off, If we had a specific callsign control would know that desk staff has put a 999 call in, instead of one from a CW unit which they dont look at. But end of the day its just a suggestion would it be better for future if i dont set a callsign
On Cad If you are logging on, If you Set your AOP to Desk staff, Control can see that you are on as Desk staff, With the 999, If your putting a 999 through and control is on then Try to use /999 (Message) And then put, Report from Desk Staff: And then Details, That way it goes through control room cad.

Hello Ethan, when you are on as desk staff, you can set your CAD AOP to Desk staff so control know as tony said above

Considering this, I don't believe Desk Staff need individual callsigns, so this suggestion will be declined

Thank you for the suggestion :)

(RS4) Sam, ERT Command