Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: Police surrons

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

(RS6) Darren

Sergeant
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Police surrons

Division: MET - ERT

I think that rural is a lot less active than it should be so my suggestion would be to make it more appealing we should get police surrons that can go fully off-road etc for things like of roaders on stolen mopeds etc and dirt bikers trespassing I agree we have RTPC bikes but not everyone has rtpc so it would be great to get something in that would make people want to deploy as rural and also more interested in this sub division there is police surrons irl so it would be valid

File(s) attached

Attachments

• IMG_0320.jpeg
    IMG_0320.jpeg
    137.9 KB · Views: 7
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
The bike in this picture irl is actually used by GMP traffic police (so RTPC essentially). I don't think Response officers would usually have bikes like this at all.

Yeah but not everyone is in rtpc or trained to use them bikes and surrons are meant to be used off road and plus rural is not active at all I feel that it would be more active if surrons was put in there ert doesn’t ever get updated so please a small update would be great surrons can help look for misper aswell as it can go where cars can’t get to and can Lee up with bikes and not wait for rtpc bikes as most of the time we not allowed on the rtpc bikes due to amount of rtpc are on

Yeah but not everyone is in rtpc or trained to use them bikes and surrons are meant to be used off road and plus rural is not active at all I feel that it would be more active if surrons was put in there ert doesn’t ever get updated so please a small update would be great surrons can help look for misper aswell as it can go where cars can’t get to and can Lee up with bikes and not wait for rtpc bikes as most of the time we not allowed on the rtpc bikes due to amount of rtpc are on
Hello Darren,

If this was ever added, would most likely go to RTPC as this is part of the Roads arsenal. We try to replicate things into appropriate divisions that you would see IRL. ERT wouldn't take part in pursuits other than the initial IPP phase where as the driving level trained and provided from RTPC Command would be able to actively pursue the vehicle offroad.

In relation to "would make people want to deploy as rural" Is an unfair representation of wanting to get a vehicle added, The people within Rural apply for this via an application phase. If they didn't want to deploy as rural they wouldn't take part in the Application process in order to gain Rural Training.

Kind Regards,
Woody

Last edited:
I get that but there’s only about 4 rural cars I don’t meant people don’t want to deploy as rural I believe it’s more a least deployed div you hardly ever see rural online maybe 1 or 2 that’s all I just think ert in general need a new wardrobe and some new cars as ert is the main police division when 1sr joining the game

Good Afternoon,

From an IRL perspective I can confirm that there are a few BCU's that are offering these on a trail basis to response teams to tackle robbery hotspots, however, Within a PMP mindset, I highly doubt this will be approved for ERT. I will raise this to Inspector however and await their response

As above, this will go to RTPC if ever developed. Moved to declined