Suggestion Declined MET - ERT: POM /revive suggestion

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivousek

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: POM /revive suggestion

Division: MET - ERT

Hi,

one of the main responsibilities of a POM is to recover a downed officer/member of the public to safety so they can get proper treatment. And since TSG often uses batons and other weapons that kill you in GTA, this also includes reviving people by /revive. This command can now be used only by active NHS and Moderators, and quite frankly, it is unpractical to call a Mod to every scene with a GTA death which os more or less almost every one of the slight bigger ones. NHS should also not enter the scene as it would be massive fail RP and a certain injury to them - hence why I suggest the following:

Either we can create a role in Discord (named for example "TSG Medic" or "POM") which would link to the game and give the player permission to use this command - similar to how Civ Firearms and F1 works.

Or this could be solved by TSG POMs logging on as NHS and then loading their outfit - also unpractical as not every officer has their outfit saved.

I do not know if this has been suggested already or already implemented somehow - but it would be nice if someone looked into this.

Thank you

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Hi,

one of the main responsibilities of a POM is to recover a downed officer/member of the public to safety so they can get proper treatment. And since TSG often uses batons and other weapons that kill you in GTA, this also includes reviving people by /revive. This command can now be used only by active NHS and Moderators, and quite frankly, it is unpractical to call a Mod to every scene with a GTA death which os more or less almost every one of the slight bigger ones. NHS should also not enter the scene as it would be massive fail RP and a certain injury to them - hence why I suggest the following:

Either we can create a role in Discord (named for example "TSG Medic" or "POM") which would link to the game and give the player permission to use this command - similar to how Civ Firearms and F1 works.

Or this could be solved by TSG POMs logging on as NHS and then loading their outfit - also unpractical as not every officer has their outfit saved.

I do not know if this has been suggested already or already implemented somehow - but it would be nice if someone looked into this.

Thank you

Hello, Thank you for your suggestion. I see this being a good idea as you raise the valid point of baton deaths etc, The only thing is, there isnt a POM tag to tie it to, so all TSG will have the ability, not sure on the ratio of TSG : POM trained but I can imagine the permission being misused and that was the core reason it was removed in the first place. I will allow ERT Command to look at this suggestion and see if they would like to request this from the Dev Team. :)

Thanks,
Kian (E1)
Chief Inspector

With POM being a training level within TSG, it doesn't officially have tags so if this was to be implemented, then we would have to request one of two things:

1. The entire TSG have revive tags so that POM can utilise them
2. We make a separate tag with different permissions to normal TSG members

Both of these would require dev work, and at the end of the day, POM medic is still part of the Police. With that being said, I would say that it is unlikely to be added. I will keep this suggestion as "Pending Divisional Review" until the rest of the ERT command has expressed their thoughts.

@(RS5) Leroy Johnson @(RS4) smallp13 @(RS3) Cheesballz1503 @(RI2) Thomas_

Hi,

Thank you
Hi Ivousek,

I totally agree with Kian and Aidan, as the TSG : POM Ratio isint significant, and with the current update of batons being non lethal. It is highly unlikely this will be implemented. I will be moving this to suggestions to DECLINED

Status
Not open for further replies.