Suggestion Accepted MET - RTPC: CIU Form

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

K.Woods

Police Constable
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: CIU Form

Division: MET - RTPC

There should be an additional option(s) for what type of collision.

There should be an option to put "Result of police pursuit" as I have been to many requests or responding to a pursuit & the vehicle has crashed. This is mostly due to the police being in pursuit & therefore pressuring the car & causing it to crash.

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Under type of incident - wouldn't pursuit contact/tactics cover this?

Not really, no tactic was utilised, let alone authorised in some situations where the suspects crashed.

Agreed, while it can be put into one of the text boxes, pressure from pursuing units plays a major factor in most pursuits and suspect collisions, as such I’d say it’s majorly different from ticking the RTC box and as such should be investigated by the driving standards team (Roads Command) with as much scrutiny as Pursuit Tactics.

So.
as I read this, a additional option could be added for incidents related to a pursuit. Eg a vehicle makes off however looses control wtih no intervention?

this is quite a nice idea.

Suggestion Title: CIU Form

Division: MET - RTPC

There should be an additional option(s) for what type of collision.

There should be an option to put "Result of police pursuit" as I have been to many requests or responding to a pursuit & the vehicle has crashed. This is mostly due to the police being in pursuit & therefore pressuring the car & causing it to crash.

I will take this away and review. Please bear with me while I consider this suggestion.

I will take this away and review. Please bear with me while I consider this suggestion.
Thank you. I realise it is a bit bland but it's just to add a section where it is justification of the pursuit and not just tactics. I've seen pursuits authorised and self authorised which are not proportionate whatsoever and then the suspect has stacked it into a MOP or a barrier etc.

Hello K. Woods,

Thank you for your suggestion, I am currently in the process of making changes to the CIU Form and as such will take this into consideration during the making of any such forms.

OS3 JohnnySp8

Thank you. I realise it is a bit bland but it's just to add a section where it is justification of the pursuit and not just tactics. I've seen pursuits authorised and self authorised which are not proportionate whatsoever and then the suspect has stacked it into a MOP or a barrier etc.
Good morning,

I believe Johnny has now updated the CIU form with this suggestion and is now live. Will be closing this suggestion now. Thank you for your patience.

Chinny