Suggestion Declined MET - RTPC: CIU/SCIU

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Suggestion Title: CIU/SCIU

Division: MET - RTPC

Just like CID have a case system for investigating crimes, could RTPC get one similar for investigating CIU/SCIU scenes?
But would you need to do a mini op for CIU?

But would you need to do a mini op for CIU?
I will explain it more.

So, CIU/SCIU will be sent to an investigation in game and if the civ wants for them to expand the investigation further they fill out a format and Command will select a certain amount of RTPC Officers to investigate the crash further and see who is at fault. Then after they have found who is at fault they prosecute the person at fault and the case would be closed.

I will explain it more.

So, CIU/SCIU will be sent to an investigation in game and if the civ wants for them to expand the investigation further they fill out a format and Command will select a certain amount of RTPC Officers to investigate the crash further and see who is at fault. Then after they have found who is at fault they prosecute the person at fault and the case would be closed.
All for it now, makes more sense :)

This has been sent to the RTPC command room and they are looking into it

This is an interesting idea. It would give an opportunity for a road traffic matter to go on slightly longer. This would especially be beneficial if someone is taken to hospital and cant be interviewed at the time about the event. Also potentially you're waiting for blood results to come back.

Could be worth RTPC Command actually liaising with CID regarding how this could work best and they may also be able to assist develop this idea. Obviously as well we wouldn't be taking any work away from CID as well as that's not something they would deal with.

Fantastic idea and hopefully it will help CIU to be utilised more as at the minute, no-one seems to want to do it.

Fantastic idea and hopefully it will help CIU to be utilised more as at the minute, no-one seems to want to do it.
Not true, CIU is utilised way more than when I joined the division just over 9 months ago. I hoping this system will be introduced so people can enjoy it more.

I believe this was discussed whilst I was CID Command - The decision was to incorporate with CID and use Crime Scene Images on the disco.
I personally don't see a reason for needing it's own channel imo.

Good evening,

This has been discussed, by previous command, and current. As CIU / SCIU is still relatively low in terms of form submissions and attendance to calls; we will be declining this.

Until the division as a whole improves their attendance to CIU / SCIU calls, this will not be considered a viable option with the overhead required to configure and manage.

Regards,

RTPC Command