Declined MET - RTPC: RAPTOR take primary in Pursuits with Helmets

The suggestion has been declined.

(OS5) rayson1769

Sergeant
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: RAPTOR take primary in Pursuits with Helmets

Division: MET - RTPC

Whilst RAPTOR is about keeping fairness with TPAC & Advanced, it is important all motorbike pursuits are delt with effectively and ended promptly due to the risk involved, even with a helmet. Therefore I believe it is at the foremost importance that RAPTOR take primary of all motorbike pursuits and allow TPAC to stay on the back to assist. This is for the following reasons:

- RAPTOR are trained to effectively deal with motorbike pursuits, whilst TPAC are to an extent, RAPTOR have a greater understanding of motorbike pursuits and the best practices to terminate them in a prompt and effective manner.
- RAPTOR have a greater range of tactics at their disposal, for example Flood Tactics, Pavement Rams etc, vs TPAC Rear Ram only.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Speaking as part of the RAPTOR team I reckon it’s actually more useful to try and cut the pursuit off rather than be forced to keep tail on it and would in fact be a possible drawback if having to take primary.

Either way, the pros and cons are equal, I’m indifferent with this suggestion.

I do agree with you. However, taking primary can help us plan cutting the pursuit off. As us RAPTOR have a greater understanding of what tactics we can undertake vs TPAC. However some could argue TPAC can do that also.

Personally, I would disagree. TPAC are trained in doing bike ram, and are trained in a few tactics when dealing with motorbike pursuits (as long as they're wearing helmets). TPAC can request that RAPTOR take primary, but I think it should stay as we have it now

Otherwise it's taking more away from TPAC units. Especially with the small quantity of RAPTOR trained units, it would make motorbike pursuits extremely difficult to partake in.

I am just talking in the occasion of a RAPTOR unit being online and available. If there isnt TPAC may still take primary in Motorbike pursuits with Helmets

I believe that this would just take away from normal TPAC. If they are trained in bike rams with helmets then they are well equipped to end these Motorbike pursuits utilising those very tactics. I do however understand that RAPTOR units are further trained in tactics based solely on Motorcycles, this means that they would have many more tactics at their disposal, hence bringing the pursuit to a faster/safer conclusion.

There are pros and cons to both sides of the argument but I still believe that this would take away from the TPAC unit's experience and if the Primary TPAC deems it necessary they can still request that RAPTOR takes primary but it should not be a requirement.

Hello. Looking over this suggestion and reading through the comments i am going to decline this suggestion as i think it will also take away from the general TPAC lot