Suggestion Declined MET - RTPC: Top speeds / vehicles

The suggestion has been declined. See further details below.

(OS6) Larry B

Sergeant
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Top speeds / vehicles

Division: MET - RTPC

Morning.
I understand we’ve had a new vehicle garage however the speeds on most of the vehicles are… Just not there.

With civs driving harder and faster than before, maxing out there 120mph speelimit, I think it’s more important then ever before to have our fleet be made more capable than it currently is.

I understand we’ve just had a huge update to do with vehicles, however the speeds are not there.
Therefore, I think that the vehicles in the RTPC garage need minor speed increases as most of them top out at about 117 on the flat.

In particular the Unmarked Jaguar Xf needs some work, the speed is absolutely dismal.
Many thanks!

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Greetings

From a Civ standpoint if they are driving faster then 120mph then if you manage to clip the pursuit, we would be happy to take a look at it. Do note you will need to drive faster then the speed at which the civ is currently going in order to catch up to them, but if while driving at 120 they are gaining on you, we will happily deal with that :)

Many thanks,

Yeah, I can understand, however 120mph is a decent speed, gives a good experience, its just our garage is slightly lacking. Leading onto clipping pursuits, would be quite helpful if we could see the overhead nametag, I’ll pop a suggestion in.
Thanks

Morning.
I understand we’ve had a new vehicle garage however the speeds on most of the vehicles are… Just not there.

With civs driving harder and faster than before, maxing out there 120mph speelimit, I think it’s more important then ever before to have our fleet be made more capable than it currently is.

I understand we’ve just had a huge update to do with vehicles, however the speeds are not there.
Therefore, I think that the vehicles in the RTPC garage need minor speed increases as most of them top out at about 117 on the flat.

In particular the Unmarked Jaguar Xf needs some work, the speed is absolutely dismal.
Many thanks!
I think it is more of a Dev Issue rather than an RTPC Command issue. Also like Poptic said, if Civs are going over 120mph+, let Civ Command know. But our cars should be able to keep up anyway.

Yeah, we can just about keep them in sight at the moment. Takes most of our options away when we cant keep up decently and gain on them

120mph pursuits should be few and far between, at that speed the justification for such a pursuit will be reviewed on a case by case basis.

At such high speeds we should be referring the pursuit to NPAS and backing off to allow for the offender to slow or for RTPC to strategically consider other tactics for example spikes.

Finally, Roads should be prioritising marked vehicles over unmarked. RTPC are predominantly a proactive unit they are not CID. Unmarked cars should be used for special circumstances e.g. more covert operations and again that use will be few and far between.

Morning.

Many thanks!
In all fairness, as Poptic said if a civ is pulling away from you in an FTS and your going 120+ then you can clip it and send to civ command. However expanding on what poptic stated about "Do note you will need to drive faster then the speed at which the civ is currently going in order to catch up to them" If this does take place, also linking on to what daniel said "At such high speeds we should be referring the pursuit to NPAS and backing off to allow for the offender to slow or for RTPC to strategically consider other tactics for example spikes." But not only taking this into consideration but if they aare going so quick they will trigger a speed camera, catching the VRN. with this you can do anything, you can stand it down and try and look to get preemptive tactics on it or you can try to plan its route to get some spikes down at a different point. You WILL end up catching them, you just have to look at the situation, assess it, and take actions to progress in your aim to stop them.