Pending Multi layered messaging system

The suggestion is Pending for review

(B5) Dr_Samurai

Director of Civ
Reaction score
Hello,

I have noticed a lot that when the use of WhatsApp or Twitter is done aiming at CID or UCO operations or scenes, that other divisions will react to the tweet or WhatsApp and respond to the call potentially ruining the scene that had been envisioned by the Civ Actors.

What I suggest is a few changes to the messaging system in respect to how tweets and WhatsApp's are used and displayed

The suggestion would be to introduce a 3rd style of messaging, unsure of what it would be called but for the benefit of the suggestion it will be called "Dark Web". With the addition of Dark Web we could restrict the messages from being displayed to certain divisions. For example Twitter messages will be displayed to the ERT role and above. The WhatsApp level would be restricted to CID as a division (maybe to include RTPC and AFO for cross divisional purposes) and the black market would be restricted to UCO/SCD.

With this all UCO or SCD trained would require a ghost user ace to allow this but the whole idea of it is pretty simple to develop and implement within our text chat system. This would stem the misuse of tweets and WhatsApp's in game whilst also allowing inter divisional operations and sub divisions better envelopment with our roleplay actors.

Just to add to this suggestion, which I think is good already, that the “dark web” option could be called Telegram as long as we’re sticking with what’s apps and twitters as I’m pretty sure it’s commonly used as that sort of messaging platform.