Suggestion Accepted NHS: OP Methane - Planning

The suggestion has been accepted. See further details below.

(JO-3) TheAshenCaptain

Station Officer
Reaction score
OP Methane's are always fun when I play them. HOWEVER they always seem to be based towards the department which organised it.

This is understandable because if your setting up a OP Methane, your going to focus this on your division because that's what you play as and know best. LFB ops are always major fires / S&R, LAS is normally major casualties and CIV is normally something for fun for the CIVS. I'm not complaining about that, as it benefits each division tri weekly.

My suggestion to improve on this is to let the Band 1 (the people who don't normally organise these) work together to organise an OP Methane once a month, this would be done under supervision of command / SM but would allow for a wider range of ideas to get out. Another benefit from this is that it would mean there would be a week where every division is getting focused on at once, CIVs would have something fun to do, LAS would get there stuff and so would LFB.

Understandably there is a large amount of band 1's over these divisions, so you could nominate 2 / 3 Band 1's from each division to work together. This would also encourage us to work more towards our role and to try and do more hours / trainings. Another point is that this would allow for trainers and Sr. Civs to show to command how they are able to bring these ideas forward, allowing for more room of promotions ect.

This would also allow for more ideas from general members to be put through, does LFB want a Search and Rescue challenge, but LAS want something more challenging? Then a major building is in flames. Do civs want a fun event where they have a race for example, why not do a race that goes south and they end up some off a cliff some on it ect?. It would allow for people to put ideas forwards to an op methane and would make them more enjoyable.

I understand why this wouldnt work however, it could be a pain for command to have to make sure we are being realistic. However if anyone has any questions about this, please ask and I will try and provide a solution to it.

Thank you for reading
The Ashen Captain
- LFF

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello TheAshenCaptain,

At the moment, a METHANE is something the NHS has natrually incorporated as it's own within PMP. It's a very interesting suggestion and is something I will discuss with the rest of NHS Command and see if we can expand to other divs. Will get back to you with any further updates, cheers.

Regards,

OP Methane's are always fun when I play them. HOWEVER they always seem to be based towards the department which organised it.

This is understandable because if your setting up a OP Methane, your going to focus this on your division because that's what you play as and know best. LFB ops are always major fires / S&R, LAS is normally major casualties and CIV is normally something for fun for the CIVS. I'm not complaining about that, as it benefits each division tri weekly.

My suggestion to improve on this is to let the Band 1 (the people who don't normally organise these) work together to organise an OP Methane once a month, this would be done under supervision of command / SM but would allow for a wider range of ideas to get out. Another benefit from this is that it would mean there would be a week where every division is getting focused on at once, CIVs would have something fun to do, LAS would get there stuff and so would LFB.

Understandably there is a large amount of band 1's over these divisions, so you could nominate 2 / 3 Band 1's from each division to work together. This would also encourage us to work more towards our role and to try and do more hours / trainings. Another point is that this would allow for trainers and Sr. Civs to show to command how they are able to bring these ideas forward, allowing for more room of promotions ect.

This would also allow for more ideas from general members to be put through, does LFB want a Search and Rescue challenge, but LAS want something more challenging? Then a major building is in flames. Do civs want a fun event where they have a race for example, why not do a race that goes south and they end up some off a cliff some on it ect?. It would allow for people to put ideas forwards to an op methane and would make them more enjoyable.

I understand why this wouldnt work however, it could be a pain for command to have to make sure we are being realistic. However if anyone has any questions about this, please ask and I will try and provide a solution to it.

Thank you for reading
The Ashen Captain
- LFF

Hi Ashen,

I have discussed this with other command members and I'm going to partially accept your divisional suggestion. This is merely down to two facts:

Operation Methane has always been planned to be a 'joint' operation between NHS, LFB and CIV. We tend to involve other divisions where possible, dependent on the plan itself for that particular week. We do often get people wanting to input their own suggestions and I do believe other divisions actively seek out input from their divisional trainers.

I don't feel it's appropriate to open a new thread just for operation planning for all Band 1s, it would get clustered and messy very quickly. However, I'm more than happy to open a Operation Methane suggestions form where you can input a suggestion or even a document and we can consider it for planning. You can find this by clicking here. I'll inform the other command teams of this form and this will be reviewed on a regular basis.

Cheers,

Hi,
Just to build on this, if you have an idea for an Op Methane. It's not too hard to DM someone in your relevant div that you have an idea anyway...