NPAS - Postal Addon

Duff

Reaction score
Website
policemp.com
Hello!

For NPAS Pilots and TFOs it can be hard to see the postal numbers to aid officers for example within a foot pursuit and therefore, it would be a great idea if there could be a postal number added to the camera for quick reference or even just next to the street name so everyone has it.

I think it would really help TFOs and units attending calls which NPAS are supporting.

Last edited:
I do agree, the challenge with NPAS at the moment is that the map is both relatively small but also half covered by the black bottom overlay bar. It would be quite handy if either the map could be over the overlay bar, or the postal was mentioned next to the street names (although I suspect the latter may be harder).

Hi @dduff19,

Thanks for the suggestion, We already have a backlog ticket for a "/postal" feature although its a little bit harder than this behind the scenes. I will accept this based off the fact we are looking to add a similar feature. As far as a NPAS overlap I am not sure this will work for aircraft as its a base GTA feature.

Cheers, PoliceMP Dev Team

Hoping you know about pressing V pops up road names as well - might help?

Yes I know about this however, we are trained to give out postal especially on a foot purist as many don't know road names etc.

An absolute fantastic idea it would save pressing esc to check on the map in the pause menu and as Duff said we are trained in NPAS to give postal codes and/or landmarks to assist officers locate suspects on the ground.

Hey duff, sorry for such a long wait time on an official reply.
Given the helicopters being a base feature and the postals only being a thing thanks to the map we use (as it is not the base game map), it's not entirely necessary for NPAS to have a postals feature to co-ordinate ground units during a foot pursuit. The road overlay (V on the keyboard) can be used to provide updates on where the targets are headed to, as well as landmarks. Whilst the idea is good and as forbesee has said, a /postal feature is on the backlog, bringing postals into the NPAS camera is not on the immediate radar.