Declined Panic Activations.

The suggestion has been declined.

OneUniqueLAD

Reaction score
Could a solution be looked at regarding panic activations? We seem to get an excessive amount of activations and most the time (based on what I've seen) it's either an accident or something not even worthy of a panic. Maybe add something so you have to hold it down for a few seconds or something to avoid accidental knocks? I'm not 100% sure of the solution because you need something that can be easily activated when needed while preventing accidents but its the best solution I can think of. I feel that sadly while everyone does respond it seems a bit of a case of "here we go again" and you just wait to be stood down. The amount of activations if anything takes away from the urgency and makes it less meaningful.

Disclaimer: I should add despite my comment I respond regardless because what I think could be an accident might not be and that can't be assessed until we hear otherwise or arrive on scene. Don't take my suggestion as a "I don't go".

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
I think the biggest issue in relation to panic activations is the F2 menu. Most "accidents" come from scrolling too far or selecting the panic button upon accident. Perhaps removing this feature from the menu and simply limiting it to the CAD system only, and text command (/panic) would help limit the problem. I believe with the introduction of Sonoran Radio (if it comes into play), it will incorporate a panic feature on the radio itself which directly ties in with the CAD system.

I think the biggest issue in relation to panic activations is the F2 menu. Most "accidents" come from scrolling too far or selecting the panic button upon accident. Perhaps removing this feature from the menu and simply limiting it to the CAD system only, and text command (/panic) would help limit the problem. I believe with the introduction of Sonoran Radio (if it comes into play), it will incorporate a panic feature on the radio itself which directly ties in with the CAD system.
I agree I think that's I where most come from but loads of people also have it on stream deck so it can accidently be triggered that way. That's why I think maybe have it so you have to hold it for a few seconds.

So panics will be remaining as they are, since adding the requirement to hold the panic for a few seconds makes no sense. If an officer is in a life threatening situation and has to hold their panic for a few seconds, the necessity to hold the panic could then result in it not going off, and the officer dying.