Selectable Siren Tones

jxck

Reaction score
Not sure if this is something that has been requested before or is already on the development roadmap (I did try and search for it) but it would be really handy to be able to select the siren tone we want to play out rather than requiring us to cycle through the whole set.

Would be especially useful when approaching junctions and other times where just a specific tone is required for a short burst of time.

I know this would probably require a fair bit of work and possibly use up some additional keys but I think it would be beneficial.

Hi Jxcklee,

I don't see this as a valid suggestion, Sirens can be changed with a push of a button and there are only 4 to cycle through, I personally only use 2 sirens but just quickly double tap to alternate between the 2.

Last edited:
Hi Jxcklee,

I don't see this as a valid suggestion, Sirens can be changed with a push of a button and there are only 4 to cycle through, I personally only use 2 sirens but just quickly double tap to alternate between the 2.
Hi Christyley31,

Thats fair enough - I do wonder though how much easier it would be for you to use the two you prefer if you weren’t having to cycle through the two you don’t use everytime as well!

I use a controller and the left stick you can now push and beats the horn quickly (which I really like) and changes Siren. Really easy and quick but doing this would take up 4 keys on keyboard rather than the 1. This may cause issues.

PipeDreamR.

Hi,

These siren style we use is as best to a real world copy as we can do. Emergency vehicles use the horn to cycle tones, in real life they just press the horn to cycle past one they dont need.

With that said, I don't think its something we would be looking to do.

Cheers, PoliceMP Dev