Accepted Small PC training amendment - The police caution / explaining arrests/detentions

The suggestion has been accepted.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BackLash HD

Reaction score
There is currently no training in the police caution, nor is it in the handbook

There's been some phenomenal RP by most and its great to hear people use the police caution in RP as it enhances the realism of the situation.. but there is unfortunately a drastic amount of officers who don't and i believe it needs to be introduced in the handbook, training and the guidelines on the website to promote a more realistic environment.

There is also no encouragement for officers to quote the section/law of which the offense the individual is being detained/arrested for, the sections are available on the website but i've only come across very few who actually use this in RP and it would be great to hear more of it. Maybe this can be introduced into the training of PCs also?

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Hello BackLashHD

I will input my view and opinion as Commander of Training.

- Within the College processes itself, we do not have the caution or any specific in-depth laws implemented, but we do include some information available to the new PCs which they can take when they move into ERT. With this being said, ERT have an additional development package, Arresting Officer Principals, where they can learn more about laws, sections, caution and whether the arrest is necessary using the IDCOPLAN etc.

- In addition to the above, laws and sections from a divisional aspect is that (most, soon to be all) divisions have an optional package which includes their most frequently used legislation and legislation that best fits them for ingame use. This can be used and referred to as and when required at your discretion.

My opinion solely: Although I love the realism we currently hold within PoliceMP, and im all for realism I cant see it becoming mandatory for people to learn legislation and sections to enhance role playing. This could change.

On the back of these, our website does have a variety of laws and sections which, again, can be referred to at any time. (See link attached to this post)

Actions I plan to take:
• I will be implementing the caution to the PC basic handout (which is available prior to training)
• I will be implementing some basic laws into the physical PC Training sessions (Eg: Section 1 stop and search, Section 32 search on arrest, Section 163 power to stop a vehicle)

Laws: https://policemp.com/guides/laws

Thanks

Hi BackLashHD,

On top of that, every ERT member has access to the ert form hub, and a document titled "ERT OneShot"
In that document, we have the caution and the most used Section within PMP.
Most officers will take the initiative steps to read them through, unfortunately some might not even realise it is there.
As the commander said, I agree it will be more effective if it is implemented within the college itself onto the training handout.

They do need to be taught to search civs tho as recently we've had too many civs not searched before taken to custody which ends in unrealistic scenarios and ik some well seasoned officers forget it too

They do need to be taught to search civs tho as recently we've had too many civs not searched before taken to custody which ends in unrealistic scenarios and ik some well seasoned officers forget it too
Or at least standard operating procedures during an arrest

Hello all

Coming back to this thread since my last message

I am currently in the process of reviewing all PoliceMP Training. You will see some slight changes in your next divison retraining where applicable.

Searching of suspects is a big issue currently, where people are genuinely forgetting and/or are not doing so, in order to create a scene at the custody suite. We are working towards ensuring every officer knows to perform a Section 32 Search on Arrest before transporting the suspect to custody for processing.

In relation to AOP, this will not become mandatory, but it is highly promoted within ERT to give officers a better understanding of the principles to an arrest.

ACCEPTED

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.