Declined Tackling

The suggestion has been declined.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max H

Reaction score
Tbh, i think tackling needs to be removed for civs. The amount of times I've been on a scene as DSU and the civ has been tackled is ridiculous. Either it should be a thing on the police form hub about what DSU can do, cause its really annoying when my scene for DSU gets ruined and I have 0 reasons to be there.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
If this is an issue with Civs tackling Police (Which I don't even think is possible) then be sure to reach out to a Senior Civ to report the incident. If its an issue with the police tree, go to a TL for the division of whom you are reporting.

Moreover, the AI dogs for DSU simply cannot stop Civs or bring them to the ground, it would be amazing if they could. They just simply have small text above their model "Woof. Woof" and I can tell you now, 95% of the Civ division don't know that is their que to get on the ground, not even I did until just recently. Hence DSU tackle people rather then send the dog to finish the job because they simply won't.

Hope this helps? If not feel free to explain further

If this is an issue with Civs tackling Police (Which I don't even think is possible) then be sure to reach out to a Senior Civ to report the incident. If its an issue with the police tree, go to a TL for the division of whom you are reporting.

Moreover, the AI dogs for DSU simply cannot stop Civs or bring them to the ground, it would be amazing if they could. They just simply have small text above their model "Woof. Woof" and I can tell you now, 95% of the Civ division don't know that is their que to get on the ground, not even I did until just recently. Hence DSU tackle people rather then send the dog to finish the job because they simply won't.

Hope this helps? If not feel free to explain further
Nah just saying that when RTPC hear me sya ''dog deployed'' they continue to tackle civs. I think civs have been getting better from rping when the dog is deployed so nothing to do with that, its just annoying no1 lets DSU do anything but I've raised with XS3 so I just thought it could be tweaked.

Hello, I will put a ping out to all musterooms about this and try and get it sorted, obviously it won’t be now because it’s 3.20am but will be done when I wake up

My only retort about this is a dog is a use of force and it has to be justified. IRL it’s actually quite rare for a dog to be deployed - normally a force only ever has 1/2 each shift from my understanding who patrols the whole county.

For example if every pursuit has a dog unit attached I think it can get a little boring for everyone else.

Half the battle is DSU currently wont takedown civs and I haven’t a ETA for this either. From me experience if DSU are taking a good while to get the dog deployed it can be easier to just tackle them.

Its a balancing act, I do think if DSU announce there intentions early and clearly this wont be a issue, although I would say be mindful of use of force and is deploying the dog warranted and allow people foot chases. Dogs strong point is when they lose them the dog gets to track then takedown

My only retort about this is a dog is a use of force and it has to be justified. IRL it’s actually quite rare for a dog to be deployed - normally a force only ever has 1/2 each shift from my understanding who patrols the whole county.

For example if every pursuit has a dog unit attached I think it can get a little boring for everyone else.

Half the battle is DSU currently wont takedown civs and I haven’t a ETA for this either. From me experience if DSU are taking a good while to get the dog deployed it can be easier to just tackle them.

Its a balancing act, I do think if DSU announce there intentions early and clearly this wont be a issue, although I would say be mindful of use of force and is deploying the dog warranted and allow people foot chases. Dogs strong point is when they lose them the dog gets to track then takedown
I understand what your saying, but its annoying when I say ''dog deployed'' twice and they continue to tackle the civ

I understand what your saying, but its annoying when I say ''dog deployed'' twice and they continue to tackle the civ
Just be mindful if units are already in a foot pursuit should you be releasing the dog? Id argue not?

I understand its not perfect, but the majority seem to prefer the tackle being present than it not

Just be mindful if units are already in a foot pursuit should you be releasing the dog? Id argue not?

I understand its not perfect, but the majority seem to prefer the tackle being present than it not

I believe technically officers are supposed to stand still if in a foot chase and a dog is deployed hence the radio warning. That's what I've been told anyway because someone told me that some officers used to freeze and almost by instinct cover the more sensitive parts of their body 😂😂😂

I believe technically officers are supposed to stand still if in a foot chase and a dog is deployed hence the radio warning. That's what I've been told anyway because someone told me that some officers used to freeze and almost by instinct cover the more sensitive parts of their body 😂😂😂
The usually wont get out the car - dog shouldn’t be deployed of lead until the dog is clear of all units.

Issue is DSU are on nearly every pursuit so its a give and take

The usually wont get out the car - dog shouldn’t be deployed of lead until the dog is clear of all units.

Issue is DSU are on nearly every pursuit so its a give and take
I mean DSU, we support every division so that's why we are on the pursuit. And considering they fall under of what DSU can do :)

I mean DSU, we support every division so that's why we are on the pursuit. And considering they fall under of what DSU can do :)
The comparison id give you is;

Just because RTPC have spikes, they don't use them on every pursuit.

I would apply the dog in the same logic, variety is the spice of life

Status
Not open for further replies.