Declined Tx revives

The suggestion has been declined.

Max H

Reaction score
So new thing with tx revive. A lot of moderators are asking for a reason for a tx revive.. But you get told to either /respawn or call NHS. Yes, NHS is understandable, but when the death was out of RP. Such as dying due to a bump on the road your, in my opinion, were forced to RP that you have died. Now I understand that units don't use NHS that often. But what everyone has to understand, we want our own gameplay as well. Not everything revolves around NHS or the police. Accidental deaths could be solved with a tx revive. Not to pro-long your own gameplay going out and having NHS making way. NHS is a busy division when I'm online from what I see.

Having to call NHS will ruin your own gameplay. What I mean by this is that you playing by your own accord. Such as you make decisions about what you do/what scenes to go to. No one has control over that except yourself. I understand moderators are trying to push more scenes but if your waiting for 999 calls patrolling, we don't always want to have the correct authorities to make way. This isn't a moan at all moderators, I'm just asking for at least it to be reduced as it can be annoying when you're just trying to play the game in your own way.

Thank you for reading.

Willing to hear others' comments..

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
So new thing with tx revive. A lot of moderators are asking for a reason for a tx revive.. But you get told to either /respawn or call NHS. Yes, NHS is understandable, but when the death was out of RP. Such as dying due to a bump on the road your, in my opinion, were forced to RP that you have died. Now I understand that units don't use NHS that often. But what everyone has to understand, we want our own gameplay as well. Not everything revolves around NHS or the police. Accidental deaths could be solved with a tx revive. Not to pro-long your own gameplay going out and having NHS making way. NHS is a busy division when I'm online from what I see.

Having to call NHS will ruin your own gameplay. What I mean by this is that you playing by your own accord. Such as you make decisions about what you do/what scenes to go to. No one has control over that except yourself. I understand moderators are trying to push more scenes but if your waiting for 999 calls patrolling, we don't always want to have the correct authorities to make way. This isn't a moan at all moderators, I'm just asking for at least it to be reduced as it can be annoying when you're just trying to play the game in your own way.

Thank you for reading.

Willing to hear others' comments..

Hi Max,

Back in the day, most players had access to self-revive, which was abused on way too frequent basis. People would die by accident or die in scenes and ultimately self-revive and continue, which would ruin the RP in many cases, or NHS would not get a single call, hence it has been restricted to specific roles.

Recently it seems that there's been a significant increase in players calling moderators for a revive, which is adding additional workload and also ruining RP in many times. No one is forced to call LAS/NHS, if that's not something one would like to do, you can always F1 and respawn at the closest station, though asking for a mod revive is not the way forward.

I'll leave this open for anyone's inputs, but it's unlikely there'll be any changes.

Thanks

Hi Max,

Back in the day, most players had access to self-revive, which was abused on way too frequent basis. People would die by accident or die in scenes and ultimately self-revive and continue, which would ruin the RP in many cases, or NHS would not get a single call, hence it has been restricted to specific roles.

Recently it seems that there's been a significant increase in players calling moderators for a revive, which is adding additional workload and also ruining RP in many times. No one is forced to call LAS/NHS, if that's not something one would like to do, you can always F1 and respawn at the closest station, though asking for a mod revive is not the way forward.

I'll leave this open for anyone's inputs, but it's unlikely there'll be any changes.

Thanks
But if that was to happen, wouldn't correct command members be spoken to about it?

And we are :) hence why this decision was made by senior management/moderation

I still dont understand why we have to ruin our own gameplay to benefit someone else. I understand its a serious rp server. But not all the time do you have to ask for NHS for every scene. Its becoming to repetitive and really annoying. I'm probably talking on behalf of some people in the community, even if its out of rp. Mods are going to say no and call for NHS. What's the point of having the heal option?

Then as discussed, you can respawn using F1. No one is forced to RP at all. There are genuine reasons we will revive. No LAS, Dead upon spawning etc, Just because we won't do it all the time doesnt meant you're being forced to do anything

I'm not really sure how it's for benefits of others. Revive was abused on regular basis, which was in fact ruining rp for many. Yes we can go round in circles and speak to people, but there's a limit so it has been restricted.

Pointless having that revive option for moderators then no? If its not gonna be used then no point imo

Not really, moderators use it whilst dealing with mod issues or if text revive isn't working for any reason. So its quite a necessary tool.

Should be used more if its an option for moderators then.

And it will be when there is a genuine reason to, if you fail to put your seatbelt on, that is on you. Your option is to respawn or RP it. is it not failRP to not properly act out any injuries whether they were intentional or accidental?

I still dont understand why we have to ruin our own gameplay to benefit someone else. I understand its a serious rp server. But not all the time do you have to ask for NHS for every scene. Its becoming to repetitive and really annoying. I'm probably talking on behalf of some people in the community, even if its out of rp. Mods are going to say no and call for NHS. What's the point of having the heal option?
Hi Max,

This isn’t about ruining your experience. Although as intrise has explained already the decision making process.

Ultimately we have seen players do less “stupid” things and they overall value their life more.

Moderators are only there to TX revive you for modders, PCSO attacks - out of your control events.

As far as you being ejected from your car, that’s a gameplay mechanic you have direct control over and ultimately if you die the choice is respawn and put on a seatbelt or await a ambulance as you are “unconscious” from being ejected.

If you find yourself in a situation where you are continually dying, I suggest you review what’s going wrong.

For context, I usually play as AFO - arguably the most lethal of the divisions and dying is not a regular occurrence for most.

Hopefully this makes sense

Imo, if moderators have that option. They should use it, why should we not be allowed a tx revive? What annoys me the most, is when you die via a seatbelt bump. It's not realistic and has no RP behind it at all. Would you ever fly out of your vehicle IRL with your seatbelt off, I think not. NHS scenes can easily be increased via civ command, they can push out a ping asking for more NHS scenes as there not receiving much. Not everything should be RPed. Rule 3.2 under the roleplay states that no one should ever be forced RP. Most players don't want to waste time keep on/respawn ing every time, or F1 changing roles. I think TX revive should be used, or permission should be removed. I respect all your comments but personally, I think TX revives should be allowed again.

Imo, if moderators have that option. They should use it, why should we not be allowed a tx revive? What annoys me the most, is when you die via a seatbelt bump. It's not realistic and has no RP behind it at all. Would you ever fly out of your vehicle IRL with your seatbelt off, I think not. NHS scenes can easily be increased via civ command, they can push out a ping asking for more NHS scenes as there not receiving much. Not everything should be RPed. Rule 3.2 under the roleplay states that no one should ever be forced RP. Most players don't want to waste time keep on/respawn ing every time, or F1 changing roles. I think TX revive should be used, or permission should be removed. I respect all your comments but personally, I think TX revives should be allowed again.
Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Although, from experience going over a speed bump at 50mph hurts a lot, both for the car and you - thats with a seatbelt.

For argument’s sake if you was to hit a speed bump at 60mph (from memory is the speed it throws you out in GTA)

I would expect you to have glass on your face from where your head strikes the windscreen either before or after the driver looses control & have the magical white bags appear from the steering wheel and pillars.

Game mechanics ultimately prevent me from having blood pour down one’s face - although.

I can certainly into airbags for you! Infact I think that’s a great idea. Although airbags will mean a trip to hospital and a new car (F1 fix will take a hot moment to re pack air bags)

Your a civ, and as you know laying on the pavement telling them you have a sore leg via /do can be very boring - dynamic situations are always better..

Correct- you cannot be forced to RP, thats why you can respawn. If a poor choice results in you dying that’s on your poor decisions making process (ie no seatbelt)

Moderators have a vast array of powers, again just because they have them doesn't mean they will use them.

I will reiterate my above point - moderators are only to use TX revives for out of player control situations- modders, PCSO incidents, Fail RP etc etc. This point isn’t really up for debate as its a stance SM has fundamentally agreed on for specific reasoning.